Send 1 to the Pro Bowl, one to IR

Dome

Rules are in the title. I made these tough.

Feel free to add a narrative for your answers. 

Drew Brees / Michael Thomas
Ryan Ramczyk / Andrus Peat
Marshon Lattimore / Sheldon Rankins
Vonn Bell / Hau'oli Kikaha

*Knocks on wood*

FULL DISCLAIMER: Stole this idea from the Saints Happy Hour Podcast.

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

Drew Brees to IR and Thomas to Pro Bowl - We'd know Thomas was no one year wonder because he made it to the Pro Bowl with Chase Daniels (probably) throwing him the ball. Brees may retire and everything could end amicably with the Saints without them having to sink more money into a 38 y/o QB coming off an injury.

Ramy to Pro Bowl, cause then we know we're set at LT or RT for the foreseeable future, depending on how Terron heals up. Peat to IR would be really disappointing, but Ramy plays the more important position.

Rankins to Pro Bowl, cause I think he could be a top DT if he reaches his potential. Lattimore to IR actually sounds about right for the luck the Saints have with DBs, so that wouldn't surprise me. Plus Rankins getting hurt in preseason 2 years in a row would be devastating. A Pro Bowler at DT means Jordan probably had a damn good year too. That'll help our weakest position group, LBers. 

Vonn Bell to Pro Bowl, Kikaha to IR. If Kikaha plays a full season and makes the Pro Bowl, his injury history would always be in the back of my mind and would almost certainly rear its ugly head in the near future. Vonn Bell to IR would really kill our secondary, I expect him to play SS next year and be like a quicker Roman Harper. If he makes the Pro Bowl it'll be as one of those safeties that plays the nickel a ton and plays in the box a lot too. We need a playmaker at that position, Vaccaro is just a small LBer, he gets lost in coverage. Surprisingly Bell has been a very physical defender for us. 

Pro Bowl:

Drew Brees-We need him if we plan to have a successful season.

Ryan Ramczyk-He'll be starting at LT, if he becomes a pro bowler, that makes it much easier for us.

Marshon Lattimore-Pro Bowl rookie season, and at CB, a position we've struggled with, yes please.

Hau'oli Kikaha-We need another pass rusher badly, and with choosing Lattimore to make the pro bowl and Rankins to IR, we would need it even more so.  Plus with him having a healthy season and as a pro bowler, Rankins coming back the following season gives us a devastating DL.

IR:

Michael Thomas-I love this guy, think he's going to be a phenominal player for the Saints the next 10+ years.  But Brees is more important.

Andrus Peat-We have a good idea that Peat will be our LG of the future, giving up a year of his development to see Ramy be a pro bowler and guarantee another tackle spot is even better.

Sheldon Rankins-We know Rankins is going to be phenomenal in the future, but having Lattimore be a pro bowler is bigger and will set a precedence of future success at CB.

Vonn Bell-I've been on record saying I'm not trusting what Bell has to offer, he's played well, but I still don't trust he'll ever be more than good, and we have Williams coming in who I think will be a great future.

3 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Rules are in the title. I made these tough.

Feel free to add a narrative for your answers. 

*Knocks on wood*

FULL DISCLAIMER: Stole this idea from the Saints Happy Hour Podcast.

IR

1. Drew Brees: If it's going to happen, preferably early in the season which leads us to a top 10 draft pick with 3 very quality NFL QB talents entering the draft next year. Also simply to see the utter chaos that would follow. 

2. Ryan Ramczyk: With Brees out as well I'd prefer to see Peat establish himself as a top player knowing that Armstead will be back in 2018 and Ram will be on the right side anyway.

3. Marcus Lattimore: Kid is still so young and the Saints are in a position with Williams and others to rebound after his loss.

4. Vonn Bell: As with Lattimore the secondary is deep now especially with Williams and Bush in the fold. Bell and Vaccaro are interchangeable to me.

Pro-Bowl

1. Michael Thomas: I want this kids ascension to continue and if he could make the pro bowl with Brees on IR it would show he's truly the real deal reguardless who's dishing him the rock which would paint a prettier picture moving fwd in the post Brees era. 

2. Andrus Peat: Despite his inconsistency, its undeniable that Peat is loaded with untapped potential... making the pro bowl means he would realize that potential.

3. Sheldon Rankins: Having a dominant 3 technique in a 43 defense is arguably the most paramount thing. Rankins possesses the ability to be that and we should all hope he gets there.

4. Hau'Oli Kikaha: Lets face facts here, the only way Kikaha is making the pro bowl is if he has a breakout year in sacks! 14+ sacks is likley the number he'd need and if he were able to do that then not only would he answer the biggest question mark on this defense moving fwd but he would free up the Saints to be more flexible in the draft and FA when building this team in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Drew Brees (IR) / Michael Thomas (PB) - It hurts to make that choice, but we know it's probably coming soon and I want to keep MT as healthy as possible. Plus Daniels to Thomas creating a pro bowl berth sounds great for our uncertain future!
Ryan Ramczyk (PB) / Andrus Peat (IR) - I would hate to see Peat go down, but I would really love to see Ramy go to probowl in year 1 
Marshon Lattimore (IR) / Sheldon Rankins (PB) - Sending Kikaha to IR, so I need Rankins. Plus, I get a feeling that this is gonna happen to Lattimore anyway (CB health really sucks lately).
Vonn Bell (PB) / Hau'oli Kikaha (IR) - As mentioned, we will probably lose a CB or two so I want to see our safeties remain healthy and pick up the slack.

Archived