2018 Free Agency

turtle28

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:

I'll give it till Friday till I start agreeing with you . I'm surprised we haven't even looked into Poe yet for a visit or even Logan.

They’re probably asking for contracts that teams don’t want to give them just like last offseason and in the end they had to sign one year deals. I’d wait it out, just like they should be waiting out Brown too.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The Redskins had a competitive roster last year - especially when healthy. They’ve upgraded WR already. There’s certainly more work to do in FA and the draft but I think you’re overreacting a bit because we haven’t been big spenders in free agency, instead were once again choosing to mostly build through the draft which this forum clamored for every single year except the years that Allen seems to have all the control over the FA & draft. 

Seems like a double standard to me. I totally understand not believing in Bruce Allen, because I don’t like him or believe in him either but to flip flop on you’re principals of wanting to mostly build through the draft because you don’t like the GM - even though for the most part he’s following your vision for building a team - just doesn’t add up to me.

how can you honestly say we are building through the draft when breeland, kirk, muprhy, grant, and long have all walked? to BUILD through the draft they need to be retained after their rookie contracts also. THAT IS THE POINT! to draft players who can play the majority of their career here. INSTEAD, we coach them up and let them walk in their prime and replace them with older guys looking for checks.

20 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

how can you honestly say we are building through the draft when breeland, kirk, muprhy, grant, and long have all walked? to BUILD through the draft they need to be retained after their rookie contracts also. THAT IS THE POINT! to draft players who can play the majority of their career here. INSTEAD, we coach them up and let them walk in their prime and replace them with older guys looking for checks.

So, that’s 5 guys out of 53. We’re never going to be able to retain every one of our free agents. I believe - as I think most do - that Ryan Grant got overpaid. The Cousins/Redskins FO relationship has been strained since draft day and if not that, definitely since he wasn’t given a true market deal after 2015. Murphy I wish we had retained but we can’t be sure he’ll be the same after tearing two ligaments. I wish we had retained Breeland given the cheapish contract he signed to go to Carolina, but much like with Murphy and the Anderson draft pick last year, we drafted Breeland’s replacement last year with the Moreau pick and we retained Dunny. That’s building through the draft.

Currently our entire starting offense except Alex Smith and Paul Richardson are drafted players. Our defense is a mix of FA signings and draft picks, it’s about 50/50. Two starting DL are drafted players, our top 3 OLBS are drafted players, one of our starting ILBs could be a drafted player if we draft an ILB high, can’t re-sign Brown or another ILB so Spaight end up starting next to Foster and 1/2 of our secondary is drafted/undrafted FA players, Moreau/Dunny and Nicholson.

So, how are we not building through the draft? The fact that we have been building mostly through the draft this decade - no matter who is in charge of our roster and how young the roster truly is because they’re young developing draft picks - has been lost in translation by most in Redskins nation.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So, that’s 5 guys out of 53. We’re never going to be able to retain every one of our free agents. I believe - as I think most do - that Ryan Grant got overpaid. The Cousins/Redskins FO relationship has been strained since draft day and if not that, definitely since he wasn’t given a true market deal after 2015. Murphy I wish we had retained but we can’t be sure he’ll be the same after tearing two ligaments. I wish we had retained Breeland given the cheapish contract he signed to go to Carolina, but much like with Murphy with the Anderson draft pick last year, we drafted Breeland’s replacement last year with the Moreau pick and we retained Dunny. That’s building through the draft.

Currently our entire starting offense except Alex Smith and Paul Richardson are currently drafted players. Our defense is a mix of FA signings and draft picks, it’s about 50/50. Two starting DL are drafted players, our top 3 OLBS are drafted players, one of our starting ILBs could be a drafted player if we draft an ILB high or can’t re-sign Brown or another ILB and Spaight starts next to Foster and 1/2 of our secondary is drafted/undrafted FA players, Moreau/Dunny and Nicholson.

So, how are we not building through the draft? The fact that we have been building mostly through the draft this decade - no matter who is in charge of our roster and how young the roster truly is because they’re young developing draft picks - has been lost in translation by most in Redskins nation.

Tomm will make a signing book it 

22 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

redskins like to play jingo with there picks. they keep building it up and knocking it down. rinse and repeat.

The only big loss so far is Kirk and trading away Fuller. You can’t possibly be standing on the table for the others.

2 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Tomm will make a signing book it 

I hope if we do that it’s re-signing Brown, a NT or LG. Preferably Zach Brown. I’d prefer to go NT (Payne or Vea) in round 1 and solve our run D problem that way rather than in free agency. It’s better to get a 22 or 23 year old NT we can have for at the least the next 5 years than to sign Logan or Poe who are older and going to be more expensive.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The only big loss so far is Kirk and trading away Fuller. You can’t possibly be standing on the table for the others.

We also lost a 3rd round pick, which could have potentially been another starter.  We lost our starting #2 CB in Breeland.  Fuller, Murphy, and Long were all key backups.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

We also lost a 3rd round pick, which could have potentially been another starter.  We lost our starting #2 CB in Breeland.  Fuller, Murphy, and Long were all key backups.

fuller can easily be a star cb in this league.

No offense guys but let it go on Fuller . Dude had one good year in 3 years he's gonna command probably the highest paid contract in corner history .

" If he was that good " he's a slot dude nothing more . A lot of you are randomly overrating that position . 

Just now, Dashing202 said:

No offense guys but let it go on Fuller . Dude had one good year in 3 years he's gonna command probably the highest paid contract in corner history .

" If he was that good " he's a slot dude nothing more . A lot of you are randomly overrating that position . 

it was his second year bud. 

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

There’s your Ryan Grant replacement and we also have Harris, Robert Davis and the draft to add a WR to compete for the #4 through 6 spots at wr.

I want us to bring macklin in for tryouts . I want completion for Doctson .

Archived