The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

5 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

At this point I’d rather just draft a backup in the midrounds. If Marcus goes down, we’re screwed regardless. I don’t see much of what’s left that much better if at all better than Cassell.

The back up has a large hand in preparing the starter and also typically runs the scout team offense against the starting defense.

That's the reason why veteren back up QB's are so valuable than rookies, and why guys like Cassel stick around as long as they do despite not being good, while guys like Vince Young don't get multiple chances to be a back up. Your backup has a bigger role than just sit around and twiddle your thumbs until the starter gets hurt.

I'd like to target OLB in FA, and still gave a couple of guys in Ford and Attachou who are still young and have breakout potential. McPhee could also be a Walden type/upgrade. 

I really wanted Mingo but he's already signed with the Seahawks.  

Or maybe Vrabel/Pees weren't just coach speaking Dodd up... Maybe they think they can do what LeBeau couldn't. 

We should also draft OLB early... In the first 2 days. 

16 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I'd like to target OLB in FA, and still gave a couple of guys in Ford and Attachou who are still young and have breakout potential. McPhee could also be a Walden type/upgrade. 

I really wanted Mingo but he's already signed with the Seahawks.  

Or maybe Vrabel/Pees weren't just coach speaking Dodd up... Maybe they think they can do what LeBeau couldn't. 

We should also draft OLB early... In the first 2 days. 

Dee Ford? he's a Chief, not a free agent.

Attachou i'm with as well. Mcphee has played 558 snaps in the past TWO seasons. He's also had micro fracture knee surgury and a plethora of further surgeries after. Pees is familiar with him, but I dunno if he has any ability left.

Even if you feel confident in Dodd. (JRob said they thought he was looking very good in practice towards the end of the year), it would be foolish to not address our pass rush because Dodd. I'd prefer a FA and a day 1 or 2 pick. The Eagles won by bringing rushers in waves, I wanna replicate that.

Dontari Poe and the best available MLB that can cover in the draft along with depth at OLB and titans become true contenders. Kevin Dodd could be a great third down DE , not sure he will ever be a dominant 3-4 OLB . 

1 hour ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Dee Ford? he's a Chief, not a free agent.

Attachou i'm with as well. Mcphee has played 558 snaps in the past TWO seasons. He's also had micro fracture knee surgury and a plethora of further surgeries after. Pees is familiar with him, but I dunno if he has any ability left.

Even if you feel confident in Dodd. (JRob said they thought he was looking very good in practice towards the end of the year), it would be foolish to not address our pass rush because Dodd. I'd prefer a FA and a day 1 or 2 pick. The Eagles won by bringing rushers in waves, I wanna replicate that.

Think I just glanced the headline on PFT and figured he was an available FA... Didn't bother to read the article until now. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/14/chiefs-g-m-expects-dee-ford-to-remain-with-team-this-season/

But yeah, all OLB positions are slim pickins in FA at this point. I'd still target ILB over OLB in the first... Think the value is better there. Like I've said before, there's no position that "needs" a starter right now... ILB could be upgraded, SS, DT/DL, future of OLB, depth at WR... Those seem to be our needs right now. So they can go a multitude of ways... Including going LB with 2 of the first 2-3 picks...

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Think I just glanced the headline on PFT and figured he was an available FA... Didn't bother to read the article until now. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/14/chiefs-g-m-expects-dee-ford-to-remain-with-team-this-season/

But yeah, all OLB positions are slim pickins in FA at this point. I'd still target ILB over OLB in the first... Think the value is better there. Like I've said before, there's no position that "needs" a starter right now... ILB could be upgraded, SS, DT/DL, future of OLB, depth at WR... Those seem to be our needs right now. So they can go a multitude of ways... Including going LB with 2 of the first 2-3 picks...

No we NEED a starter at ILB. ours former one is in New York now.  Regardless of how it comes we need another LB. Unless they think Jayon Brown can play full time. I'm not sure Woodyard can thump the way Williamson does. I think his splash plays last year were the benefit of the dirty work Williams did. 

1 hour ago, Koroly said:

Dontari Poe and the best available MLB that can cover in the draft along with depth at OLB and titans become true contenders. Kevin Dodd could be a great third down DE , not sure he will ever be a dominant 3-4 OLB . 

Dontari Poe is not that good.

He's just a name at this point.

1 hour ago, Chocolateman78 said:

No we NEED a starter at ILB. ours former one is in New York now.  Regardless of how it comes we need another LB. Unless they think Jayon Brown can play full time. I'm not sure Woodyard can thump the way Williamson does. I think his splash plays last year were the benefit of the dirty work Williams did. 

Jayon basically split snaps with Williamson as a rookie last year. I think they'd be OK starting him but would obviously like to bring in someone to compete for that spot. If thats the 1st, great... My top target in that range where we're picking is Vander Esch, regardless of position. I like Evans and Jefferson too, but I like them a lot more in the 2nd. 

I look at the roster, and I see us able to go BPA in the first without having to reach. I also see JRob having the flexibility of moving around to match that BPA with one of our less set positions... Like any of those I mentioned previously, including ILB, which ATM seems like the position that could use an upgrade a starter more than most. But I'm guessing I'm more comfortable going with Woodyard and Jayon than you may be.

Derrick Johnson is a vet I wouldn't mind. Should be a somewhat cheap option, has a previous history with Vrabel(played with him in KC) and along with Woodyard, would be a great mentor for Jayon and our potential rookie.

Woodyard/Brown/Johnson/rookie isn't too shabby.

Archived