NFL News & Notes

Leader

7 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

honestly though, in what world is stafford 6 slots below Goff?  He's on a worse team at this point but...

Goff is better than Stafford, c'mon now

Stafford is held together by rubber bands at this point. He's done and so is that team. They're tanking for Caleb for a reason 

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

Love him or hate him......40yrs is a long time and should be acknowledged....

Watched him all 40 years....good time...good times.  When they first came on they REALLY covered the draft and each pick and the needs and potential choices the teams had to make at the time of the pick  Each team's needs were covered...no interviews with the picks....it was great.  Way less commercials.  It was a show for draftniks....all substance...no style.  I miss those times.  Wish someone would go back to covering the draft like that.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Watched him all 40 years....good time...good times.  When they first came on they REALLY covered the draft and each pick and the needs and potential choices the teams had to make at the time of the pick  Each team's needs were covered...no interviews with the picks....it was great.  Way less commercials.  It was a show for draftniks....all substance...no style.  I miss those times.  Wish someone would go back to covering the draft like that.

It's gotten too large a spectacle now for them to give minute details...and potential controversy like they did in the past. Now it's all about "Production."

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Should have turned into the PFF stream. That's their style

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Should have turned into the PFF stream. That's their style

Didn't know about it...but now I do.  I wonder if ESPN lays off Kiper with all the other layoffs they are currently having.  Those first couple of years...him and Paul Zimmerman, that was really good stuff. Straight talk, no holds barred.  They went into the strengths and weaknesses of both the players and the teams. Now its really about entertainment and the amount of commercials is very distracting.

I'll definitely tune into the PFF show next year.  Thanks for the tip.

• Like 2

Texans wide receiver John Metchie‘s presence at the start of on-field workouts was noted last week and General Manager Nick Caserio updated where Metchie is in his comeback from missing last season with leukemia.

Caserio said that Metchie, who also tore his ACL while playing for Alabama in 2021, is “making progress” and that he was a full participant in the team’s first on-field work of the offseason.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Love it! We are going to shock a whole lot of people this year.

Key to that IMO is our defense actually standing up and shutting some folks down.
The D's gotta "bridge over" the growing pains the offense is going to experience.
They've got to become leaders.

Identity change.

Edited by Leader

Just now, incognito_man said:

Can anyone predict how the start of the Jordan Love Era will go? Without Allen Lazard and Robert Tonyan?

It's a NY paper......I dont hold much stock in this writers actual knowledge of the Packers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Can anyone predict how the start of the Jordan Love Era will go? Without Allen Lazard and Robert Tonyan?

Yeah, they make it sound like we lost two all-pro players. I love our skilled position players. Young and there will be growing pains, but they are talented as all get out.