BigUgly73 Offseason

BigUgly73

First I'm no english major or, journalist(I do proof read). With this in mind lets get started.

Roster cuts: Ben Ijalana -------- +4.750mil.

Buster Skrine ------ +6.00mil.

Jermaine Kearse - +5.00mil.

Steve McLendon - +3.250mil.

Matt Forte ----------- +3.00mil.

Josh Martin -------- +1.65mil.

Devin Smith -------- +1.250mil.

Meaningful Re-signs:  Demario Davis: Still playing at a high level and, Lee isn't the answer.

Morris Claibourne: Sure he can't stay healthy but, when he is, hes' good, Burris and, Roberts aren't ready for more time.

Austin Seferian Jenkins: Need to use him more and with Haley coming in they will.

Kony Ealy: Really liked what he did this year.

Terrance Brooks: Love his speed, youth and, talent.

Chandler Catanzaro: Pretty good, not abysmal

UFA: wishlist - Pass Rush: Jeremiah Attaochu, Aaron Lynch.

LBer's: Zac Brown, Cassius Marsh

NT: any one of the next listed, Beau Allen, Bennie Logan, Justin Ellis

CB: Kyle Fuller or EJ Gaines.

WR: Allen Robinson

TE: Burton

OL: Ryan Jensen

QB:????????

Trade Wilkerson for whatever you can get and, maybe even Winters for a 3rd or 4th. Would be nice.

Draft: Rd.1:Quentin Nelson next Zac Martin

Rd.2a: B.RB.A.

Rd 2b: B.OT.A.

Rd. 3: B.OT.A.

Rd. 4: B.CB.A

ETC, ETC, ETC.....

Now the Jets should get a decent compensatory pick or picks for Decker, Gilchrist and, others

So, I think this would be a coup if they the FO pulled this off. The Jets would be a feared Pass Rush/Def. once again and the Offense would be able to do everything better with an OL that could block. Let the games begin             

Compensation picks are not awarded for players that were cut from our roster.

I like the idea of revamping the OL but we'd still have carpenter on the roster and I don't see the point in trading Winters whom we've recently extended. 

and the burning question im left with is "who is our QB?"

That is a conundrum, It can go so many ways. sign someone, trade for someone or, draft I'm just undecided right now. I need more info on the draft then I can decide. I'm leaning KC as a trade partner give them a 2nd and unload Wilkerson on them. Todd Haley with Alex Smith not to shabby and, I really like Drew Lock from Mizzou. next year. I thought you get compensatory even if they where cut as well as traded but, I guess I'm wrong oh well.

You need a quality QB to block for, or a great running back to open up holes for, if you are a great guard. We have neither.

We would be putting the cart ahead of the horse if we drafted a &^%$ing guard instead of a QB or Barkley with the sixth pick.

We can't draft the next Zack Martin before landing the next Ezequiel Elliott or Dak Prescott. Makes zero sense.

Archived