Jump to content
ny92jefferis

TCMD GM Mock Draft

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ny92jefferis said:

We are allowed to make a total of 3 restructures and/or extensions.

Obviously, in order to stay competitive in free agency, I've got to free up some money for this year.

Options are as follows:

Eli Manning's restructure saves us almost 5 million this year.

Olivier Vernon restructure saves us almost 8 million.

Janoris Jenkins restructure saves alsom 7 million.

Our extension's are pretty limited in this mock.  We've got two players Eli Manning and Odell, extending odell doesn't really effect our cap because I can backload the contract, so the 2018 cap hit is basically the same.

For cap savings, I'm thinking restructure Vernon's contract saving us 8 million and extend Odell saving us nothing but we need to get that done. 

Gives us one left should we need it later.   

I am always against restructuring as it just hurts us in the future. It should only be used in the most desperate situation. As this is just a one year mock, it doesn't matter what we do, but I know you like it realistic although that may be more boring.

Vernon already has a big cap # in 2019 (19.5M), restructuring would push it over way over 20M, probably 23M in 2019 and  23M in 2020? Not worth it.

I would extend OBJ and Collins. Both will hurt our cap of course this year, but both of them are at the lowest they will ever be and tremendously will help our future.

Make the small moves, not the big ones. Boring, but realistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I am always against restructuring as it just hurts us in the future. It should only be used in the most desperate situation. As this is just a one year mock, it doesn't matter what we do, but I know you like it realistic although that may be more boring.

Vernon already has a big cap # in 2019 (19.5M), restructuring would push it over way over 20M, probably 23M in 2019 and  23M in 2020? Not worth it.

I would extend OBJ and Collins. Both will hurt our cap of course this year, but both of them are at the lowest they will ever be and tremendously will help our future.

Make the small moves, not the big ones. Boring, but realistic.

I'll hook up OBJ but the current setup doesn't allow me to extend Collins, a process I'm still trying to refine.  

I'll hold off as long as I can with handing out any of the other players with restructures.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you think about OG - Ted Larsen?  Miami is seeking a 6th round pick for him.

He can play all three interior positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

What do you think about OG - Ted Larsen?  Miami is seeking a 6th round pick for him.

He can play all three interior positions.

He is a 31 year old guard  I never heard of. He's a journeyman who missed half the season last year. Not the kind of player a rebuilding team should be going after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Acgott said:

He is a 31 year old guard  I never heard of. He's a journeyman who missed half the season last year. Not the kind of player a rebuilding team should be going after.

Totally overlooked his age....good catch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thoughts on Leornard Floyd for Eli Apple?  Floyd suffered a knee injury week 11, but should be ready to play next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Thoughts on Leornard Floyd for Eli Apple?  Floyd suffered a knee injury week 11, but should be ready to play next season.

Oh you mean the player the Giants wanted to draft, but then someone else jumped in front of us.

Yes I would do that trade, but only straight up. No picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Oh you mean the player the Giants wanted to draft, but then someone else jumped in front of us.

Yes I would do that trade, but only straight up. No picks.

Yes...that guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2018 at 5:17 PM, ny92jefferis said:

Mock doesn't kick off until the 15th but trades can get worked out and posted right now.

 

I've got a few teams interested in the 2nd overall pick.

I've also got people asking about Eli Apple....any idea what you think he's worth?

 

 Eli I wouldn't take anything less than a third AND a fourth. He can still be a good player in the right situation. Would fit in nicely with Denver, but doubt they would want to move the capital for him. 

Id like some role? What's available in the player personnel department?

EDIT: I would do Floyd for Apple straight up. He could fit in nicely if we change schemes like I think we will

Edited by YogiBiz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, YogiBiz said:

 Eli I wouldn't take anything less than a third AND a fourth. He can still be a good player in the right situation. Would fit in nicely with Denver, but doubt they would want to move the capital for him. 

I've gotten some interest on him but so far no one is offering anything but injured players, so I most likely going to just keep him on the roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

I've gotten some interest on him but so far no one is offering anything but injured players, so I most likely going to just keep him on the roster.

I would do the Floyd for Apple swap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

I've gotten some interest on him but so far no one is offering anything but injured players, so I most likely going to just keep him on the roster.

Also have we gotten any interest on Flowers, maybe someone would give something of more value to us than it would be to them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our top priority as I'm sure you are aware should be O-line in FA. Who would you think we should target Norwell Vs. Pugh? And in Jensen Vs. Richburg? Or should we just roll with Jones? I think Jensen and Norwell would improve our blocking tremendously, and the tackle spot should be something we address in the draft, but would we be able to pry them away from their current teams? Well I think we could because both the Panthers and Ravens are more cash strapped than we are. Also with a few cuts we could have quite a bit of cap space. Enough to sign two top flight lineman, I believe so. A 4 Year, $36-38 million would be enough IMO to get one of the top 5 center in the league. Not going the fifth year gives him the opportunity to go ahead and get one more bigger deal before his prime is up. Norwell could be tricky, a 5 Year, $51-56 million deal could get it done, but the question is would you rather pay Norwell $10-11M/Year for at least 14 games of action or pay Pugh $9-10/Year for at most 13 games a year? 

I think Pugh+Richburg would cost us around 13-15M to keep on the interior. The question is paying $18M-20M (only 5m more) for higher caliber, more durable players worth it? If my answer hasnt been obvious it should be. I believe splurging on the line is the best solution for us. 

Also we should look at trading #2 if you don't feel like we need more selections than a QB? Which I'm an advocate for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any ERFA or RFA signings we should make?

ERFA

8059 - Robert Thomas - 43DT
9148 - Curtis Grant - ILB
9203 - Jon Halapio - LG
8037 - Ryan O'Malley - TE
8950 - Travis Rudolph - WR

RFA

6970 - Deontae Skinner - 43OLB
8422 - Brett Jones - C

 

For me the only two I'd sign would be Robert Thomas and tender Brett Jones.

Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ny92jefferis said:

Any ERFA or RFA signings we should make?

ERFA

 

8059 - Robert Thomas - 43DT
9148 - Curtis Grant - ILB
9203 - Jon Halapio - LG
8037 - Ryan O'Malley - TE
8950 - Travis Rudolph - WR

RFA

 

6970 - Deontae Skinner - 43OLB
8422 - Brett Jones - C

 

For me the only two I'd sign would be Robert Thomas and tender Brett Jones.

Thoughts?

My thoughts on the center positiin are above, but I do think Jones is valuable. Could be the back up interior lineman with versatility to okay multiple positions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×