Draft Rumor Mill - All Things Related

kgarrett12486

44 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

James fills a much bigger need.

Now that is debatable.  Greater need from last season-rotation at safety or guard.  If the argument is they like Benenoch, the same can be said for Conte who they signed twice when he was  a UFA.  I like James, but is James to the Bucs more believable then Smith to Indy.   I will write it is apparent Licht is prioritizing players with an edge bordering on overly aggressive on the field.  Which I m totally fine with.

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Now that is debatable.  Greater need from last season-rotation at safety or guard.  If the argument is they like Benenoch, the same can be said for Conte who they signed twice when he was  a UFA.  I like James, but is James to the Bucs more believable then Smith to Indy.   I will write it is apparent Licht is prioritizing players with an edge bordering on overly aggressive on the field.  Which I m totally fine with.

Koetter and company have been a lot higher on our oline than anyone else. Koetter's comments about Benenoch make me think we'll give him a legit shot. We've already got D Smith, Dotson, Wester, and Benenoch at OT; Marpet, Sweezy, and E Smith at guard, with Benenoch also in the mix; and Jensen at center, with Marpet and E Smith able to slide in.

We could upgrade anywhere, really. But D Smith, Marpet, and Jensen aren't going anywhere. Even if Dotson can't play right away, we've got Benenoch. And E Smith will probably have a shot at RG if Benenoch and Sweezy don't take the spot.

We've got Evans, Conte, and Tandy at safety.

Our secondary was a much bigger problem last year than our oline. We brought in Jensen at center, but nobody at safety. 

Licht has a history of drafting for need. We went BPA last year and missed out on Cook. I don't know if Licht risks something like that again.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

Sounds a lot like Mayfield is going number one.

Seriously, this whole draft process has been like this for the Browns.

Darnold, Allen, Darnold, Allen, Mayfield.

They just don't know what they want  xD

2 minutes ago, xlfrosti said:

Seriously, this whole draft process has been like this for the Browns.

Darnold, Allen, Darnold, Allen, Mayfield.

They just don't know what they want  xD

It sounds like Dorsey has been feeding different info to different people within the organization to try and find out who's leaking stuff to the media.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

Sounds a lot like Mayfield is going number one.

I envision the conversation  between Hue and Dorsey to be the following at the start of the draft process:

Hue "John, we need to set up meeting times to start discussing these QBs"

John "When you get a chance, send me a Word document with your thoughts on this QB class"

Hue "Okay, seems like a unique way to start, this could be a really long document".

John "Just 1 or 2 bullet points is fine for each QB, when I have a chance to review it, I 'll get back to you.  Good chat". 

Archived