Outside the box pre combine mock

Dubz41

8 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Trade a former second team all-pro safety who had a down year for a receiver who has had multiple suspensions, including a year long suspension, and is one substance abuse violation away from a Josh Gordon style absence from the game?  I do not think that is a good move. 

I'm a little bit shocked about the interest in Bryant at all.  In addition to his suspensions, he has had a downward spiral in effectiveness.  8 to 6 to 3 touchdowns.  21.1 to 15. to 12.1 yards per reception. 

In relation to HaHa, it is stealing from our weakest (defense) to improve our strength (passing game).  That is not a sustainable business model.  It also makes us older as a team. 

Also, Dubz, were you or were you not the one who said you didn't want Peters because he was a quitter?  Bryant literally demanded a trade.  That's literally quitting on his team. 

I agree on the trade, but it's kind of hard for Bryant to produce when he can't see the field. Give me Donte Moncrief who is essentially the same player.

I just don't get it from a personnel standpoint with the trade for Bryant. We have 3 WRs  that are proven to be good and have produced for many years. Why do we need a 4th? A trade for a top TE would at least be more intriguing, but even then its like why would you trade your starting FS for a WR who probably wouldnt see as much play and has off the field issues. It's subtraction by addition, despite what you think of how HaHa finished last season it makes no sense. Also how would ya know Gute isn't on board with HaHa? He just became the GM, and I don't think he's ever made a comment about him yet.

17 hours ago, jleisher said:

I agree with him, late pick only, but even unsure I would do that.  Your lucky you put that trade in your mock, that's probably why nobody is screaming about no Edge Rusher.  Thanks for your mock.

Well, FA Murphy and 2nd round pick Mata-afa are both edges.  K Street would probably see a few reps there also.

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:17 AM, Dubz41 said:

Well, FA Murphy and 2nd round pick Mata-afa are both edges.  K Street would probably see a few reps there also.

I know, but Mata'afa I think is being looked at more as an ILB, then Edge.  I got it and understand you.

Archived