Steelers players as....

warfelg

So I was listening/watching the Dan Patrick show the other day, and they did a cool thing of comparing different starting QB's to Hollywood actresses.  I though it was really cool, so I was thinking, what would I want to compare Steelers players to?

Well given it's offseason and there's not much to talk about...what would You compare the Steelers players to?

With mine, I'm comparing them to Marvel Characters, and to keep it easier, I'll only use current MCU characters:

Ben Roethlisberger: The Ancient One.   The oldest of the group.  Has built up much knowledge over the years.  For a while dabbled in some taboo things for a while, but came to accept to do things.  Powerful and seems to get strong as time has gone on.  Sustained many injuries in their life and you don't know how they continually overcome it.

Le'Veon Bell: Loki. He bounces back and forth from hero to villain.  Incredibly powerful, and underrated in the skill of fighting.  Adept at escaping tough situations.  Has the ability to appear like he's in one place, show up in another.  A bunch of fans, but plenty of people that don't like him.  Multiple skillsets that make him do versatile.

Antonio Brown: Tony 'Iron Man' Stark.  Sometimes gets knocked down but never fully out of it.  Shows up as a guy that it's all about him, but in the end makes the team play.  Makes some silly mistakes on his own.  Brilliant mind, ultimate tactician.  Develops 100 results before the actual moment happens.

JuJu Smith-Schuester: Scott 'Ant-Man' Lang. Showed up late on the scene but brought an unexpected excitement.  Great change of pace to what was there.  Unexpected skillset that isn't physically gifted but makes you go "woah, that's awesome."

Martavis Bryant: Stephen Strange.  Very self involved, but how a great power.  Unbelievable command over one thing.  Hands tend to fail him when he most needs them.

Jesse James: Phil Colston. Most think he's dead, but he's not.  A key glue guy that brought everything together, but is forgotten.  Still kicks around and does his own thing on the side anyways.

Alejandro Villanueva: Steve 'Captain America' Rodgers.  Think I would go anywhere else with this?

David DeCastro: Wong.  Doctor Strange's faithful sidekick is extremely underrated; but highly reliable.  Unbelievable skillset, brilliant mind.  Does his job, does it will,  doesn't get the thanks that he should.

Cam Heyward: T'Challa 'Black Panther'.  Descends from royalty in his line.  Has a bunch of hidden tricks.  Despite all his high end qualities he's still human.  A bit idealistic, but carries an anger few know of.

Ryan Shazier: James "War Machine" Rhodes.  Very underrated.  Brought the big guns to the fight.  Underrated member of the team.  His fight landed him in trouble, and now he's working his way back.

TJ Watt: Thor Odinson. A powerhouse, with a skillset he's just learning he has.  But still a power and comes from a background with power in it.  Brings the fight to every meeting.

Jow Haden: Wanda 'Scarlet Witch' Maximoff.  Recently joined the team.  A powerhouse in their own right but learning how to make it blend with the teammates around them.

Mike Mitchell: Mordo.  Started a hero, but quickly turned heel.  Now a villain.

Sean Davis: Peter 'Starlord' Quill.  Can be great, but doesn't know his place in the world.  No extraordinary skill but gives it everything he has every time.

Vince Williams: Groot.  I am Groot.  I am Groot.  IIIIIII AAAAAMMMMM GROOOOOOOOOT.

Chris Bozwell: Clint "Hawkeye" Barton.  The glue of the team.  Comes through whenever he's called on.

James Conner: Peter 'Spider-man' Parker. Great skillset, but still learning from his elderstatesmen.

Keith Butler: Maria Hill.  Smart, but mostly using the playbook left behind from previous people.

Mike Tomlin: Nick Fury.  Not everyone likes him.  Makes some questionable calls.  But in the end someone that people are willing to give it all for.

So what say you?  What are you comparing Steelers players to and who are you comparing them to?

Just now, MDSteeler1971 said:

I'd make Bryant "Loki", AB would be "Black Panther", Cam would be "Hulk"...

Where's Burns?

That there is some funny stuff about Jesse James!

Burns is The Invisible Man.  Someone that I counted on but never see him when needed.

3 hours ago, MDSteeler1971 said:

I'd make Bryant "Loki", AB would be "Black Panther", Cam would be "Hulk"...

Where's Burns?

That there is some funny stuff about Jesse James!

I did Cam as Black Panther because he does stuff he just shouldn't be able to.  His dad was an NFL player.  A force unto himself, and has been evolving his view as he goes along.

AB as Iron Man because 1, no matter how hurt he still suits up.  He's one of the studs of the team.  Comes off as a me first guy but ultimately helps the team win through his variety of skills.

I went Doctor Strange with Bryant because of the questionable hands, can do the big impressive stuff, but little details seem to get past him.

Burns. Hmmm.  Staying with the MCU, going into the TV show I would say Daisy "Quake" Johnson.  Enormously skilled.  Can be very powerful.  Doubts themselves at times.  Despite coming off as very skilled at times, still falls for the easy mistake enough that they are held back some.

Archived