• Harrison Phillips [ DT ] Stanford
    • Malik Jefferson [ OLB ] Texas
    • Justin Reid [ S ] Stanford
    • Rasheem Green [ DT ] USC
    • DJ Moore [ WR ] Maryland
    • Braden Smith [ OG ] Auburn
    • Tim Settle [ NT ] Virginia Tech

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/08/2018 at 07:30 AM

56 minutes ago, scar988 said:

taking anything other than OL or DL in the first would be a wasted pick this year.

i probably wouldnt disagree assuming we dont address via free agency or we get bad luck and every viable guy is gone. However that wasnt the issue,  to say wr or even worse te is a need over corner is just not smart. people can choose to ignore it if theyd like, but Poole was awful last year and the stats bear that out. on top of that we have little to no quality depth behind him. 

5 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

what a weird statement coing from you. 

Anyway, i dont pay for the premium statistics but he had one of the poorest catch %'s allowed in the nfl. I believe it came from pff, feel free to pay them the money. anyone who played dfs realizes that was a pretty well known stat and he was a guy to target. He also gave up 1.75 yards per route covered, which is pretty horrid if youre not familiar with the stat.

Why are you so salty all the time? Goddamn the vibes from all your posts are just miserable lol.  

Weird how you site PFF stats, say hes was one of the worst corners in the leauge, yet they ranked him as a "average" corner and the 74th overall corner in the leauge. 

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2018/2/14/17008358/true-or-false-the-falcons-will-look-to-replace-brian-poole-in-2018

^^^^

Weird how nobody but you is calling him terrible. But what else is new? 

57 minutes ago, jarren said:

Why are you so salty all the time? Goddamn the vibes from all your posts are just miserable lol.  

Weird how you site PFF stats, say hes was one of the worst corners in the leauge, yet they ranked him as a "average" corner and the 74th overall corner in the leauge. 

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2018/2/14/17008358/true-or-false-the-falcons-will-look-to-replace-brian-poole-in-2018

^^^^

The 74th ranking was just this last year which as said is still better than say all but 10 other teams #3 CB in the league.  He was even better than that his 1st year as i think he was in the top 50 or so if im not mistaken.   Only thing i can think of is he just doesn't like Poole in general and only focuses on his bad plays and not his good plays.  Also i don't see why he keeps saying #4 WR and not #3.  Who the heck does he think is our #3 WR since gabriel is gone theirs now way he thinks Hardy our Saubert is better or has played better than Poole has thats just ridiculous and i like Justin Hardy actually as a #4 or 5 WR.

9 hours ago, jarren said:

^^^^

Youre aware how pff ratings work right? if he makes a good play in the run game then thats considered equally if he get burned in coverage. i thought it was obvious corners should first be viewed as how they are in coverage, to where he was awful. I imgine youve conceded that as you didnt refute the stats i posted...

8 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

The 74th ranking was just this last year which as said is still better than say all but 10 other teams #3 CB in the league.  He was even better than that his 1st year as i think he was in the top 50 or so if im not mistaken.   Only thing i can think of is he just doesn't like Poole in general and only focuses on his bad plays and not his good plays.  Also i don't see why he keeps saying #4 WR and not #3.  Who the heck does he think is our #3 WR since gabriel is gone theirs now way he thinks Hardy our Saubert is better or has played better than Poole has thats just ridiculous and i like Justin Hardy actually as a #4 or 5 WR.

i dont know how its that much of an unknown. saubert really didnt play so  we dont know what he is, however 2nd the doesnt even come close in importance to 3rd corner, or prob 4th corner. And hardy is our 3rd wr as of now, thought that was well know. hes fine in that role, if we wanna upgrade that fine too but hes earned the a chance to get a look imo. Out of curiosity, what delineates a 3rd wr to a 4th wr for you? you keep saying hardys is a 4th wr but not a 4rd. Whats the difference?

As far as not liking poole, i already told you so again not sure why its a mystery. I dont really care about his good blitzing, i care that hes horrible in coverage.

4 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Youre aware how pff ratings work right? if he makes a good play in the run game then thats considered equally if he get burned in coverage. i thought it was obvious corners should first be viewed as how they are in coverage, to where he was awful. I imgine youve conceded that as you didnt refute the stats i posted...

No, two stats (That aren't even verified, post a link) dont prove anything. 

Plus you'd have to take into all his advance metrics to get a detailed understanding of his play in coverage. 

Even if he was as bad in coverage as you say, and considering hes on the field for way more pass than rushing plays, that means his play in the rushing game would have to have been so elite that it balanced out his total score to average. Which obviously is straight up just false. 

Also BR1000 ranked Poole as the 13 best slot corner. Another publication refuting your stance on Poole being one of the worst corners in the leauge.

2 hours ago, jarren said:

No, two stats (That aren't even verified, post a link) dont prove anything. 

Plus you'd have to take into all his advance metrics to get a detailed understanding of his play in coverage. 

Even if he was as bad in coverage as you say, and considering hes on the field for way more pass than rushing plays, that means his play in the rushing game would have to have been so elite that it balanced out his total score to average. Which obviously is straight up just false

Also BR1000 ranked Poole as the 13 best slot corner. Another publication refuting your stance on Poole being one of the worst corners in the leauge.

how many is all his advanced metrics? can i get a #? i mean, catch % allowed and yards per route give up seem like pretty important metrics to me. 

please not me youre not talking about belacher report, i already ignored ghe silly fansite you posted as some kind of proof but this would be even worse.

also, what exactly is the bolded based off of?

8 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

how many is all his advanced metrics? can i get a #? i mean, catch % allowed and yards per route give up seem like pretty important metrics to me. 

please not me youre not talking about belacher report, i already ignored ghe silly fansite you posted as some kind of proof but this would be even worse.

also, what exactly is the bolded based off of?

3 Falcon fans in this thread, 4 writers on falcohloic, BR, PFF all refuting what you're saying. 

Oh yeah the guy who did the rankings on BR is Ian Wharton whos job is to film study and create the ranking for secondary players. How much film have you watched on other slot corners in order to give a valid opinion? 

Now you spout two stats that you haven't even proven and say based off them Poole sucks. 

Kind of weird how you're literally the only person whos saying Poole is one of the worst corners in the leauge. 

Just like Michael Bennett being overpaid everyone else is wrong, right? 

9 hours ago, jarren said:

3 Falcon fans in this thread, 4 writers on falcohloic, BR, PFF all refuting what you're saying. 

Oh yeah the guy who did the rankings on BR is Ian Wharton whos job is to film study and create the ranking for secondary players. How much film have you watched on other slot corners in order to give a valid opinion? 

Now you spout two stats that you haven't even proven and say based off them Poole sucks. 

Kind of weird how you're literally the only person whos saying Poole is one of the worst corners in the leauge. 

Just like Michael Bennett being overpaid everyone else is wrong, right? 

you have a really bad habit of throwing out crap then just ignoring when called out on it. So im guessing youll keep trucking along but what do you mean proven? are you saying the stat doesnt exist? I dont really care about "writers" from  fan site, but you might want to check what they actually said, i don tthink a single one said poole os good on coverage. BR i dont care about and it show either how desperate or misguided you are when looking for quality info. Mind shwoing me where pff says poole is good in coverage? I know not everyone pays for there advance stuff so a simple summary would be great.

Hey look, bolded is another silly statement. How did you literally poll every other person. Can i literally see the results?

And youre wrong again, multiple people said bennett was overpaid. Maybe we should redefine the words everybody and literally for you. 

2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

you have a really bad habit of throwing out crap then just ignoring when called out on it. So im guessing youll keep trucking along but what do you mean proven? are you saying the stat doesnt exist? I dont really care about "writers" from  fan site, but you might want to check what they actually said, i don tthink a single one said poole os good on coverage. BR i dont care about and it show either how desperate or misguided you are when looking for quality info. Mind shwoing me where pff says poole is good in coverage? I know not everyone pays for there advance stuff so a simple summary would be great.

Hey look, bolded is another silly statement. How did you literally poll every other person. Can i literally see the results?

And youre wrong again, multiple people said bennett was overpaid. Maybe we should redefine the words everybody and literally for you. 

Oh really? Look in the mirror. 

Its ridiculous how things need to be constantly explained to you like a little child. Your reading comprehension needs serious help. 

If you cant understand what post a link means than I cant help you. 

You said Poole was one of the worst corners in the leauge, you've yet to post anything to back it up. 

I like how you've now moved the goal post to Poole is the worst corner in the leauge to now he isnt good in coverage. 

Multiple people have said Bennett was overpaid. Lol, really? Show me two people saying that? That should be easy. And don't run from this. 

1 hour ago, jarren said:

Oh really? Look in the mirror. 

Its ridiculous how things need to be constantly explained to you like a little child. Your reading comprehension needs serious help. 

If you cant understand what post a link means than I cant help you. 

You said Poole was one of the worst corners in the leauge, you've yet to post anything to back it up. 

I like how you've now moved the goal post to Poole is the worst corner in the leauge to now he isnt good in coverage. 

Multiple people have said Bennett was overpaid. Lol, really? Show me two people saying that? That should be easy. And don't run from this. 

Easy peasy, you already mentioned mine and then...

What do i need explained to me? like when you say we need to look at all the stats? Well what are "all" the stats? Cause the two i gave you (which you pretend i didnt) werent good enough. How is it moving the goal posts to say poole isnt good in coverage so he isnt a good coverage. who in their right mind says "well, x player is garbage in coverage but hes really good agaisnt the run. great corner overall." Its like saying a wr is really good because he run blocks well but cant catch the ball for crap. I believe ive answered pretty much all your questions, you wanna take a stab at anything ive asked you? or do you wanna "run from it" or put some after the fact qualifer on what i already answered about how it wasnt good enough"

On 3/6/2018 at 3:43 AM, Kiwibrown said:

52 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Easy peasy, you already mentioned mine and then...

What do i need explained to me? like when you say we need to look at all the stats? Well what are "all" the stats? Cause the two i gave you (which you pretend i didnt) werent good enough. How is it moving the goal posts to say poole isnt good in coverage so he isnt a good coverage. who in their right mind says "well, x player is garbage in coverage but hes really good agaisnt the run. great corner overall." Its like saying a wr is really good because he run blocks well but cant catch the ball for crap. I believe ive answered pretty much all your questions, you wanna take a stab at anything ive asked you? or do you wanna "run from it" or put some after the fact qualifer on what i already answered about how it wasnt good enough"

Nice you post 1 person saying Bennett is not worth that contract. I asked for two since mulitple people have said hes overpaid. **** even if theres is someone else saying his overpaid its just straight up false. Any little bit of research comparing salaries around the leauge woule prove it pretty quickly. 

Explain to me this, why wasnt Poole benched if he was one of the worst cover corners in the leauge? 

11 minutes ago, jarren said:

Nice you post 1 person saying Bennett is not worth that contract. I asked for two since mulitple people have said hes overpaid. **** even if theres is someone else saying his overpaid its just straight up false. Any little bit of research comparing salaries around the leauge woule prove it pretty quickly. 

Explain to me this, why wasnt Poole benched if he was one of the worst cover corners in the leauge? 

so no, you dont want to answer anything. id think this is fairly obvious, but having crappy players behind poole does not make poole good. let me know if you need anything else explained for you.

18 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

so no, you dont want to answer anything. id think this is fairly obvious, but having crappy players behind poole does not make poole good. let me know if you need anything else explained for you.

So hold up Poole is one of the worst corners in the leauge and terrible in coverage yet the staff wasnt willing to at least try out anyone else? Not single time was he benched this year. 

On top of that in all the press conferences that DQ and TD have held not a single mention of looking at or upgrading the NB spot has been mentioned. Kind of weird considering we're in nickle 60% of the time and they've talked about other positons like G and DT.

This discussion is pointless as TD and Quinn will answer our debate by Poole role on the team next season. 

Archived