• Harrison Phillips [ DT ] Stanford
    • Malik Jefferson [ OLB ] Texas
    • Justin Reid [ S ] Stanford
    • Rasheem Green [ DT ] USC
    • DJ Moore [ WR ] Maryland
    • Braden Smith [ OG ] Auburn
    • Tim Settle [ NT ] Virginia Tech

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/08/2018 at 07:30 AM

PLEASE READ THESE RULES BEFORE POSTING OR VOTING:

• Each poll will last 24 hours 
  • There are two polls, one to cast your first choice, one to cast your second preference
  • The player with the most votes from BOTH polls, will be declared the pick
  • There will be no run-offs
  • If you vote for the same player in both polls, your vote(s) will be disqualified

Before complaining about poll options, refer to this thread:-

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/7055-consensus-mock-rules-and-feedback-thread/

Falcons needs from https://sports.yahoo.com/2018-nfl-team-needs-041500466--spt.html

Defensive Line: D-Line linchpin Grady Jarrett is entering the final year of his deal, while RE Adrian Clayborn and NT Dontari Poe are both headed to free agency. Depth pieces Courtney Upshaw and Ahtyba Rubin’s contracts are also up. With Vic Beasley converting from linebacker to end, the Falcons’ biggest defensive line need is on the interior next to and behind Jarrett.

Wide Receiver: The Falcons’ starting wideouts remain a strength after Julio Jones finished second in the league in receiving yards (1,444) and Mohamed Sanu set a career high in catches (67). Today’s NFL is a three-receiver league, however, and Atlanta lacks depth with Taylor Gabriel headed to free agency. Ideally, the Falcons would find a deep-threat complement to Julio. Sanu plays 65% of his snaps in the slot. Current No. 3 Justin Hardy has shown a pedestrian skill set through three seasons. 

Offensive Guard: Depth at cornerback and linebacker warrant honorable mentions for Atlanta’s No. 3 need. Still, the roster is in good enough shape that we may see the Falcons use a second- or third-day pick on a developmental quarterback, especially with Matt Ryan entering his contract year. The interior O-Line should still be prioritized after first-year starter Wes Schweitzer struggled at right guard and Ben Garland got blown up in pass protection following LG Andy Levitre’s late-season triceps tear. Atlanta can save $7 million in cap room by cutting Levitre. C Alex Mack is entering his age-33 season. 

Results:-

1.Cleveland - Sam Darnold [QB] USC

2.NY Giants - Josh Rosen [QB] UCLA

3.Indianapolis - Bradley Chubb [DE] NC State

4.Cleveland(From Houston) - Saquon Barkley [RB] Penn St.

5.Denver - Quenton Nelson [OG] Notre Dame

6.NY Jets - Baker Mayfield [ QB ] Oklahoma

7.Tampa Bay - Minkah Fitzpatrick [ FS ] Alabama

8.Chicago - Denzel Ward [ CB ] Ohio St.

9.San Francisco - Tremaine Edmunds [ ILB ] Va. Tech

10.Oakland - Roquan Smith [ ILB ] Georgia

11.Miami - Marcus Davenport [ DE ] UTSA

12.Cincinnati - Connor Williams [ OT ] Texas

13.Washington - Vita Vea [ DT ] Washington

14.Green Bay - Derwin James [ SS ] Florida St.

15.Arizona - Josh Allen [ QB ] Wyoming

16.Baltimore - Calvin Ridley [ WR ] Alabama

17.LA Chargers - Rashaan Evans [ ILB ] Alabama

18.Seattle - Isaiah Wynn [ G/T] Georgia

19.Dallas - Da'Ron Payne [ DT ] Alabama

20.Detroit - Maurice Hurst    [    DT    ]    Michigan

21.Buffalo - Lamar Jackson [ QB ] Louisville

22.Buffalo - James Daniels [ G/C ] Iowa

23.LA Rams - Harold Landry [ EDGE ] Boston College

24.Carolina - Courtland Sutton [ WR ] SMU

25.Tennessee - Leighton Vander Esch [ ILB ] Boise St.

26.Atlanta

27.New Orleans

28.Pittsburgh

29.Jacksonville

30.Minnesota

31.New England

32.Philadelphia

Going with my guy Taven Bryan here from Florida.  Makes to much sense considering our biggest need is at DT/SDE and he has a ton of upside.  OG is also a big need but OG is very deep in this draft and we can target a good one in round 2 and maybe a NT/TE/WR in round 3.

28 minutes ago, scar988 said:

CB doesn't make sense this early for Atlanta.

Taven Bryan

Sam Hubbard

I'm pretty high on Jackson's potential. It might not be one of the biggest needs positional wise but if Bryans gone there I'd be hard pressed not to take him 

3 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

I'm pretty high on Jackson's potential. It might not be one of the biggest needs positional wise but if Bryans gone there I'd be hard pressed not to take him 

Disagree and it's not because Jackson isn't a good player it's because we are a needs draft based team.  CB isn't really in the top 4 or 5 of our needs so we would then more than likely target one of the better OG's left like Hernandez or Price.   If not them then 1 of the WR's or TE's more than likely but i doubt we go pass DT or OG our 2 biggest needs with all the quality talent there at both positions.     Think of it this way Neal nor Jones were 1st or 2nd round guys where we drafted them actually we supposedly reached a full round on both of them but they were our biggest need and best scheme fit.  Which is how we draft over BPA at a non need.   If we had the cap space to lock up a few DT's and a OG in FA + a Wr or TE i could see us going CB as a BPA because our other needs would be set already.

7 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Disagree and it's not because Jackson isn't a good player it's because we are a needs draft based team.  CB isn't really in the top 4 or 5 of our needs so we would then more than likely target one of the better OG's left like Hernandez or Price.   If not them then 1 of the WR's or TE's more than likely but i doubt we go pass DT or OG our 2 biggest needs with all the quality talent there at both positions.     Think of it this way Neal nor Jones were 1st or 2nd round guys where we drafted them actually we supposedly reached a full round on both of them but they were our biggest need and best scheme fit.  Which is how we draft over BPA at a non need.   If we had the cap space to lock up a few DT's and a OG in FA + a Wr or TE i could see us going CB as a BPA because our other needs would be set already.

yea, disagree big time here. poole waaone of the worst corners in the league last year and he played 60% of snaps despite missing a game plus. to say a 4th wr or 2nd/3rd te is a bigger need than nickel corner is amazing.

4 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

yea, disagree big time here. poole waaone of the worst corners in the league last year and he played 60% of snaps despite missing a game plus. to say a 4th wr or 2nd/3rd te is a bigger need than nickel corner is amazing.

The year before Poole was one of the better nickles in the nfl. He even made it onto the all rookie team at NB if im not mistaken.  Plus it doesn't surprise 90% of most Falcon fans thinks we don't need a CB early and you do.  The WR would be a #3 and the TE would more than likely be a #1 if it's drafted in the 1st although i don't think one is worthy of that this year.   Poole in his 1st year played much better than any of our #2 TE's or Justin Hardy ever has for the Falcons.    Im pretty sure according to PFF Poole was still rated avg or better among all CB's and was actually the CB with the most pressures and blitz's of almost any CB this year.  So he has helped our pass rush tremendously at times overall.

5 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Poole was not one of the worse corners in the leauge last season. If he was you surely must have statistics to back up your claim? 

2 hours ago, jarren said:

Poole was not one of the worse corners in the leauge last season. If he was you surely must have statistics to back up your claim? 

what a weird statement coing from you. 

Anyway, i dont pay for the premium statistics but he had one of the poorest catch %'s allowed in the nfl. I believe it came from pff, feel free to pay them the money. anyone who played dfs realizes that was a pretty well known stat and he was a guy to target. He also gave up 1.75 yards per route covered, which is pretty horrid if youre not familiar with the stat.

2 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

The year before Poole was one of the better nickles in the nfl. He even made it onto the all rookie team at NB if im not mistaken.  Plus it doesn't surprise 90% of most Falcon fans thinks we don't need a CB early and you do.  The WR would be a #3 and the TE would more than likely be a #1 if it's drafted in the 1st although i don't think one is worthy of that this year.   Poole in his 1st year played much better than any of our #2 TE's or Justin Hardy ever has for the Falcons.    Im pretty sure according to PFF Poole was still rated avg or better among all CB's and was actually the CB with the most pressures and blitz's of almost any CB this year.  So he has helped our pass rush tremendously at times overall.

88% of all falcon fans feel we need a nickel corner more than a #4 wr, or any TE which doesn't even come close to a need. I checked with them all. I kinda want my corners to be good in coverage, and dont really care blitzing that much, i could be weird like that. But then i checked with 93% of some falcon fans and they felt the same way, so i felt better.

19 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

That's great and all, but with the instinct questions and lack of need at CB, I can't see them doing this.

9 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

taking anything other than OL or DL in the first would be a wasted pick this year.

Archived