Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

12 hours ago, DawgX said:

So, what's the jury on Randall? I know you guys are saying he's your best CB, but is he actually good or just okay?

He isn't a bad player but he is a tad immature and doesn't take to criticism very well.  He left the field and went to the locker room during a game after getting scolded by a coach.

3 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Trade solved our backup QB problem.  Won't deny that.  Unfortunately, the backup QB position doesn't matter worth a quarter of a damn to a team as devoid of talent as this one. 

We're sure Kizer is better than Hundley?

I get we all have PTSD from watching Hundley last year, but Kizer was significantly less productive in a larger sample size.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

We're sure Kizer is better than Hundley?

I get we all have PTSD from watching Hundley last year, but Kizer was significantly less productive in a larger sample size.

I said I won't deny it, not that I believe it.  DeShone Kizer throws interceptions in his own highlight videos. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

And that's fine, but then give me the picks instead of Kizer.

Sure - I have no problem with that. But I'm not going to go nuts over a 5th or 6th vs Kizer. 

And we did move up in 2 rounds. LIS most of this is garbage and clutter IMO. We have to assume Gute has a functioning brain; for now

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

I said I won't deny it, not that I believe it.  DeShone Kizer throws interceptions in his own highlight videos. 

Oh man.....Hundley was downright painful to watch. ESPECIALLY when you'd let the fact you were watching a scared and confused THIRD YEAR GUY seep into your brain. Ouch!

Mentioned it last night - first downs - 10 yards - felt challenging. Can we ? Will we?

I hope somebody - anybody - will give us something for him in a trade - but they'll probably figure him a dead meat release and hold off.

Just now, cannondale said:

Sure - I have no problem with that. But I'm not going to go nuts over a 5th or 6th vs Kizer. 

And we did move up in 2 rounds. LIS most of this is garbage and clutter IMO. We have to assume Gute has a functioning brain; for now

That's probably the wiser attitude to have, but I just don't get this move. Obviously I don't have all the information, but this just strikes me as illogical.

Minimally I think he should have been given a year under Pettine to check the attitude in a new scheme. 

What I found most interesting is the differing mindset from the two front offices:

Gute/McCarthy wanted nothing more to do with Randall (locker room cancer)

Dorsey/Hightower/Wolf was happy to have Randall.

Dorsey/Hightower/Wolf was willing to part ways with Kizer after just one season (clearly they did not rate him)

Gute/McCarthy was happy to have him.

I don't know what to think about this. Does it highlight how split our front office were over the past few years on philosphy and players?

I don't believe for one second about the fact we apparently seriously considered drafting Kizer at no.33 last year. I call BS on that rumor. We desperately needed a corner or pass rusher last year. If the rumor was true then that meant we didn't like Hundley then and we never tried to upgrade on him. Pathetic if true.

12 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Our DB rotation currently looks like:

HHCD/Marwin Evans

Kentrell Brice/Josh Jones

Kevin King/Quinten Rollins

Josh Hawkins/Herb Waters

Lenzy Pipkins/Donatello Brown

That's completely horrendous, borderline unplayable. You're an injury to Kevin King to not having a single playable CB. 

If this was August 10th and not March 10th then I could understand your angst.

Just now, Leader said:

Oh man.....Hundley was downright painful to watch. ESPECIALLY when you'd let the fact you were watching a scared and confused THIRD YEAR GUY seep into your brain. Ouch!

Hundley threw the ball well.  He was a coward in the pocket and made terrible decisions.  He still managed to actually throw the ball well when he threw it.  Watch Kizer play and all his balls just look goofy as hell, like a tight end throwing a football on a trick play. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Mentioned it last night - first downs - 10 yards - felt challenging. Can we ? Will we?

I hope somebody - anybody - will give us something for him in a trade - but they'll probably figure him a dead meat release and hold off.

You understand that Kizer was worse than Hundley last year? We didn't get Ryan Fitzpatrick or one of the McCowns. 

Rumor has it the Eagles are willing to trade Darby.  If we do this, if we trade for ANY promising or even okay corner still on their rookie contract, I'm fine with the Randall trade.  My issue with the Randall trade is his cap space compared to his talent at our weakest or second weakest position.  We have to trade for somebody or sign somebody to match Randall's play at the same price.  Otherwise... Bad trade, bad move. 

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

If this was August 10th and not March 10th then I could understand your angst.

How many contibutors at CB are you expecting us to pull in FA/Draft? If your answer is less than 3, this move was lousy for next year's team. 

Now are you pulling those 3 without significantly impacting our ability to purse edge rushers or pass catchers. 

Archived