Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

I would not be surprised if GB doesn’t do anything significant the rest of the offseason. I hope I am wrong but I could see it happening.  Last year us fans saw Edge rusher was weak and the team really didn’t do anything to fix it. What if Pettine said he can turn the defense around without more talent.- lol

Another bright spot: we won't have to watch Hundley chewing bubble gum during games anymore. That was annoying. Or does Kizer have some annoying habit too? 

I remember being really upset when the Packers traded their #1 pick for an obscure QB drafted by Atlanta in the second round. Remember Brett Favre? The guy was rumored to be a party man with a drinking problem, and threw a lot of interceptions. What a stupid trade that looked like! Patience.

CB right now is a mess, I admit, but it's been a mess. Now it's just a different kind of mess. Pettine must have a "type" of CB he's looking for, for his system. Big guys that can play press coverage? Patience. Trades, FA, and the draft are coming up. The defense is being rebuilt with players that fit Pettine's system. Did we all want more for Randall? Sure, but I wanted more for my used car when I traded it in for a new one. Wanting more is just human nature. 

The Packers will have to create some cap space to solve this mess. Waiting for more shoes to drop.

Loved HZ's boat analogy!

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

People losing sleep over backup QB and Hundley vs Kizer need to remember 2 years ago when it would have been a meh conversation. We will win or lose with Rodgers. The Eagles situation was lightning in a bottle. 

But our backup QB situation is so much better now! 

As if Kizer is even close to being ready to be the backup this season. Maybe in a couple of years. 

1 minute ago, Chinaski_86 said:

But our backup QB situation is so much better now! 

As if Kizer is even close to being ready to be the backup this season. Maybe in a couple of years. 

Heck if I know.

I do know there are about 10 other bigger fish to fry than to freak out over Kizer or Hundley

Just now, sgtcheezwiz said:

I think a rookie at 14 could easily match his play and, correct me if I am wrong, would cost around the same. Why would we have to trade for one??

Really trying to remain calm, but this kind of stuff makes it difficult.

In which scenario do we have more corners?

1. Keep Randall, draft a CB with 14 overall
2. Trade Randall, draft a CB with 14 overall

Are you following?  We needed to add more corners with or without Randall.  Trading Randall means we have to get ONE MORE corner than we had to get before we traded Randall. 

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Heck if I know.

I do know there are about 10 other bigger fish to fry than to freak out over Kizer or Hundley

I think Kizer was a long term investment, like Hundley was supposed to be. Investing in NFL rookies is like investing in the stock market. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. The Packers lost with Hundley (remember he was supposed to be traded for a number 1, Justo said so!). Now they invest in Kizer. 

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Are you following?  We needed to add more corners with or without Randall.  Trading Randall means we have to get ONE MORE corner than we had to get before we traded Randall. 

What happened is Randall's fault, not the Packers. Blame him.

Obviously he wasn't worth a roster spot any more or we would have let him play out his contract. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I think Kizer was a long term investment, like Hundley was supposed to be. Investing in NFL rookies is like investing in the stock market. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. The Packers lost with Hundley (remember he was supposed to be traded for a number 1, Justo said so!). Now they invest in Kizer. 

Sure. LIS he's a scratch off ticket who is under contract thru 2020. Nothing more, nothing less at this point

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You're trying to reason with someone who believes that having 2-3 CB could be enough. 

5 minutes ago, Chinaski_86 said:

You're trying to reason with someone who believes that having 2-3 CB could be enough. 

We already have CBs on the roster. People are talking as if DR was the only CB around.

Think of him as a FA that we were gonna let walk - but turned into players and cash coming our way.

We have to replace DR. Not the entire stable of DBs.

Archived