Revisit Packers @ Browns 12/10/17

Cheesehawk

On 3/10/2018 at 10:56 AM, MNPackfan32 said:

?

We are talking about the first play that should have been a lay up IN THE, instead Jones got away with DPI. 

It's not just that play, Jones was a horrible safety last year. His best position is linebacker.

Jones was a rookie.  Nick Collins looked bad at first too - I'm NOT saying Jones is the next Nick Collins but I'm pointing out how premature it is to grade a player after only one season under his belt.  The same could be also be said of our new QB.

On 3/10/2018 at 2:27 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Do you think a CB is supposed to be on top of a receiver 45 yards downfield in a cover-2? All Rndall had to do was carry him out of the zone, which is what happened. 

That should not have been a touchdown, if a QB throws late to the sideline 45 yards downfield against a cover-2 and it's not an interception, a Safety screwed up. 

Looks like man 2 to me. You see him peek at the seam route (which looked wide open too) that split second made him late. Kind of damned if you do or don't there, if he jumped right away at the sideline route the seam probably is a TD. Let's just hope throughout the secondary we're better next year.

On 3/10/2018 at 8:13 AM, Leader said:

It was more than catchable IMO.

And you'll notice the fine PRESS coverage offered up by #23 who within a few steps was already 5 yards behind the WR - counting on safety help over the top.

Stellar coverage. Dont know how we'll ever survive w/o it.

I'm not sure if it was scheme or not but my brain hurts watching this play.  #23 opens up inside letting his man get a free run to the outside even though he has safety help.  The slot WR wins inside as well so this puts the safety in a very tough situation.  Good thing Kizer was the QB.

On 3/11/2018 at 7:01 PM, Packerraymond said:

Looks like man 2 to me. You see him peek at the seam route (which looked wide open too) that split second made him late. Kind of damned if you do or don't there, if he jumped right away at the sideline route the seam probably is a TD. Let's just hope throughout the secondary we're better next year.

That play looks like a cover 2 buster.  Both our outside CB's open inside and let their WR's run free to the outside towards the safety help.  Cleveland must of expected this so the slot WR broke inside on a seam but the throw was towards the safety instead of the middle.  I thought the slot CB played well and Jones was in a tough situation, since he has to hold the slot WR and the outside WR who had a free run.

Archived