Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
whodatworm23

Saints resign Brees

Recommended Posts

Less guaranteed money than I expected, but the yearly average is about what I thought it would be. Anywhere between 25 and 28 per year is what I thought he would get. This seems like a good deal for the Saints.  It will be interesting to see how it's structured and what kind of cap hit it has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Saints missed out on Graham. I really hope they don't do the same thing they did with Fleener now; miss out on option one and then severely overpay option two. Draft a TE in the 3rd and roll with Fleener another year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jimmy Graham to the Packers... He wanted to be back with Saints and Saints wanted him back but only at a certian price tag. Packers stepped up with much bigger offer. Packers new GM is under pressure to prove Green Bay is willing to spend in FA now but Saints were smart not to overpay Jimmy. Bottom line is that we traded him in the first place due to cost and injury history. He proved in Seattle he hasnt shaken the injury bug and he proved this free agency hes still too costly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, whodatworm23 said:

Jimmy Graham to the Packers... He wanted to be back with Saints and Saints wanted him back but only at a certian price tag. Packers stepped up with much bigger offer. Packers new GM is under pressure to prove Green Bay is willing to spend in FA now but Saints were smart not to overpay Jimmy. Bottom line is that we traded him in the first place due to cost and injury history. He proved in Seattle he hasnt shaken the injury bug and he proved this free agency hes still too costly.

I ain't bothered. Would be a great weapon to have back, but maybe now we can put that money towards another nice defensive FA. -looking at DRC-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, navysaintsfan said:

I ain't bothered. Would be a great weapon to have back, but maybe now we can put that money towards another nice defensive FA. -looking at DRC-

Packers sign Graham but have to cut Jordy Nelson to facilitate the signing... Not sure if that was a smart decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, whodatworm23 said:

Packers sign Graham but have to cut Jordy Nelson to facilitate the signing... Not sure if that was a smart decision.

Ol Jordy can some run some routes from the slot in NOLA. We could use a bit more depth at WR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, whodatworm23 said:

Packers sign Graham but have to cut Jordy Nelson to facilitate the signing... Not sure if that was a smart decision.

Jordy and Rodgers have some unreal chemistry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Packers paying Jimmy 30 million over 3 years with 22 of it in first 2 years of deal... NO THANK YOU!!! Saints traded a younger, healthier Graham 3 years ago because they really dident want to pay him 9.5 per bacl then. This market is crazy with a ton of average players getting elite money. Saints are being smart and thats a good thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, whodatworm23 said:

Packers paying Jimmy 30 million over 3 years with 22 of it in first 2 years of deal... NO THANK YOU!!! Saints traded a younger, healthier Graham 3 years ago because they really dident want to pay him 9.5 per bacl then. This market is crazy with a ton of average players getting elite money. Saints are being smart and thats a good thing.

Amen!! I've said many times, I'd like Graham at a decent price, but he's not a TE, and he's not a WR, so what are they breaking the bank for? I actually think Coleman could possibly fill about the same role if they could get him to hang on to the ball better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

Amen!! I've said many times, I'd like Graham at a decent price, but he's not a TE, and he's not a WR, so what are they breaking the bank for? I actually think Coleman could possibly fill about the same role if they could get him to hang on to the ball better.

Plus Coleman is 100% better blocker at a fraction of the cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brees could’ve got more on the open market.

imo any time that happens you can’t fault the guy for being greedy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×