what are the Redskins doing??

mar29020

On 3/14/2018 at 3:07 PM, mike23md said:

I actually talked to Craig Hoffman this morning and he said that the plan is to see how Anderson comes along this season at EDGE. He will not be moving inside. Unfortunately. 

OLB is the position Anderson has played since high school, it makes senseto kerp him there. If he doesn’t develop at OLB more this year then, next year I’d move him inside but I’d give him one more year at OLB.

Anderson is not used to doing as much dropping into coverage as 3-4 ILBs or 4-3 LBs do. There would be a huge learning curve for Anderson if he moved to ILB, it’s a totally different position. There’s no way he’d start at ILB year one if we moved him there, maybe in his second year after a year of developing and learning the ILB position and the defense from that position,

On 3/15/2018 at 4:32 PM, MKnight82 said:

The problem with paying Breeland even the contract he got is that Breeland, Moreau and Dunbar all play outside and not in the slot.  Honestly, Moreau is a better athlete than Breeland and if he pans out he has a might higher upside than Breeland.  He could even be the heir apparent to Norman.

Breeland has experience in the slot. His first few years he saw some time there. 

Also, the slot is not this impossible position that can’t be learned by a corner who usually plays outside. Remember when people didn’t think Fuller could play in the slot? Most didn’t think he would develop in his second season to be the slot corner he was. 

There’s certainly no guarantees but I just don’t see why Moreau, Dunny or even Holsey couldn’t develop into a respectable slot corner if that’s what they mostly worked on this entire offseaon.

If the Redskins were smart, they’d do what Barry ended up doing in 2016 after weeks one and two. Remember all the heat Barry took early in 2016 because we kept Norman at LCB all game no matter who he was going against and didn’t have him shadow Brown or Beckham. Then, after those games Barry made the adjustment and had Norman travel with opposing teams #1s. We need to get back to that, we need to have Norman travel with the #1 wr no matter if they lined up at his natural LCB, on the opposite side at RCB or in the slot. 

Just now, turtle28 said:

Breeland has experience in the slot. His first few years he saw some time there. 

Also, the slot is not this impossible position that can’t be learned by a corner who usually plays outside. Remember when people didn’t think Fuller could play in the slot? Most didn’t think he would develop in his second season to be the slot corner he was. 

There’s certainly no guarantees but I just don’t see why Moreau, Dunny or even Holsey couldn’t develop into a respectable slot corner if that’s what they mostly worked on this entire offseaon.

If the Redskins were smart, they’d do what Barry ended up doing in 2016 after weeks one and two. Remember all the heat Barry took early in 2016 because we kept Norman at LCB all game no matter who he was going against and didn’t have him shadow Brown or Beckham. Then, after those games Barry made the adjustment and had Norman travel with opposing teams #1s. We need to get back to that, we need to have Norman travel with the #1 wr no matter if they lined up at his natural LCB, on the opposite side at RCB or in the slot. 

The problem is that Breeland wasn’t very good at the slot.  The reason they put Fuller there was cause Bree was failing.

21 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The problem is that Breeland wasn’t very good at the slot.  The reason they put Fuller there was cause Bree was failing.

Bree wasn’t horrible at it when he was a rookie and in his second year. It was in his third year when he struggled because he hadn’t practiced the position all offseaon and season. He was forced to play there after the Cowboys game when Gruden benched Fuller. So, with 3/4 of the season done they put him in the slot after they benched Fuller, why would anyone expect that was going to work out well?

Now, if I remember correctly Bree gave up some balls but they were to guys like Zach Ertz in the Philly game. Well, there’s no one in the league who can cover Ertz so holding Bree to a near impossible standard seems pretty unrealistic to me.

Archived