Zack Brown back with skins

Eric

My take is the Redskins still need a starting NT. They should keep keep Ioannidis as tge starting LDE with him, Allen and Lanier rotating in our nickel package. I think should take Payne or Vea with their #1 pick to solve the NT issue. I think they have their top 3 corners on the roster (Norman, Dunny & Moreau) they have Holsey & Smithston developing as young reserve DBs. So they may need a back up FS and slot corner still depending on what they think of Holsey handling the slot and Smithston being Nicholson’s back up. They also Cravens still an option too as a reserve SS and dime ILB but who knows what will happen with him.

1 minute ago, Eric said:

Does anyone know if we have money left now to sign one more player? Upper tier, Lower tier?

I think we were around $22-24 mil after the Richardson signing.  Brown will likely cost $5-7 against the cap.  So at worst we're sitting around $15 mil, at best maybe $19 mil?  We likely need around $7 mil for draft picks, so $8 to $12 mil more for additional free agents.  

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

My take is the Redskins still need a starting NT. They should keep keep Ioannidis as tge starting LDE with him, Allen and Lanier rotating in our nickel package. I think should take Payne or Vea with their #1 pick to solve the NT issue. I think they have their top 3 corners on the roster (Norman, Dunny & Moreau) they have Holsey & Smithston developing as young reserve DBs. So they may need a back up FS and slot corner still depending on what they think of Holsey handling the slot and Smithston being Nicholson’s back up. They also Cravens still an option too as a reserve SS and dime ILB but who knows what will happen with him.

You left out OLB.  Prston Smith's play has been spotty at best, Kerrigan turns 30 this year, and Anderson looked lost as a rookie.  We lost Galette and Murphy.  At minimum we need a new backup for Smith.

2 minutes ago, Eric said:

Can Roullier play guard? Mike Pouncey would be a good signing or maybe they go DL with Bennie Logan.

I think he played it at times in college but I don't think he has the power and strength to be a full time Guard in the NFL.  Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Archived