Packers Sign Kyle Fuller to Offer Sheet

Packerraymond

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

It means the kid only plays one more year in Chicago at most. 

True. If they want to match they'd be forced to accept the exact same offer sheet he just signed. I'm really curious when, or if we'll find out what's in it before the five days are up. 

1 minute ago, Kepler said:

True. If they want to match they'd be forced to accept the exact same offer sheet he just signed. I'm really curious when, or if we'll find out what's in it before the five days are up. 

I'm not sure Chicago has any motivation to immediately match.

2 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Man, no matter what we do, people aren't happy lmao

You should be used to it by now.  Packers sign top FA available?  The Packers overpaid for them.  Packers get a discount on top FA?  Packers didn't get a big enough discount.  If there's anything I've learned, some people will always find ways to complain.

Just now, Kepler said:

Yeah I just really wish we could see what the offer was

I think everyone does.  But I think it had to have been at least a very creative offer to keep the Bears from matching it, otherwise there'd be no point in even throwing an offer sheet out there.

1 minute ago, ChaRisMa said:

They won’t decide until the last day, publicly.

They get to keep us out of a lot of Free Agency in the meantime.

I don't think it ties up our cap space, but I might be wrong.  One of the finer points of the CBA I'm not overly familiar with.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I think everyone does.  But I think it had to have been at least a very creative offer to keep the Bears from matching it, otherwise there'd be no point in even throwing an offer sheet out there.

That's basically what I was wondering though. Can the details be let out early, or do we have to wait until the bears make their decision? 

1 minute ago, Kepler said:

That's basically what I was wondering though. Can the details be let out early, or do we have to wait until the bears make their decision? 

I don't think there's any reason to think it couldn't be leaked, whether it be by the Bears, Packers, or Fuller's agent.

28 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's not worth it to try to mess with a weak sister division rival. We just really want Fuller which makes sense to me. I thought he was theost attractive FA in this class.

Yes I highly doubt they're doing this to possibly mess with them. They really want Fuller and even if there's only a slim chance that the Bears won't match, it's worth a shot.

Archived