Let's talk WRs...

mwalker

12 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I care if he leaves to the AFCN or Patriots. But I'm not convinced he is exponentionallt better than Wallace. He is better, but exponentionally so? I don't know, I don't think he is. He isn't special imo

He’s not. He’s a dime a dozen guy anymore. 50/50 pass catcher with speed. Doesn’t have a great change of direction. 

Yes he can change a game with a single play, but we got him, Sanders, and Wallace all in the 3rd so we can obviously find these guys in the draft when we need to. 

call this a hunch but... 

I am pretty sure the Steelers are looking at the receivers who can be a beast on the special team. Looking at the receivers with certain profile suggests that. I don't think we will see a receiver in first 3 rounds at all, but for later rounds yes. They need to find somebody who can replace Heyward-Bey. James Washington and J'Mon Moore could be that guy. 

We are more likely to see a running back before receiver this year. 

On 3/18/2018 at 6:28 AM, warfelg said:

It’s pretty easy what I’m referencing. You don’t take a guy in a round just because you like him and the need might be there. You do it because the value compared to the position works. 

Take St. Brown for example. I really like him. I have him a 3rd round grade. That doesn’t mean I force myself to take him there is I have other guys available to me. Now if he’s there in the 4th, there’s a great chance I take him because the value outweighs the draft spot. 

Of course. I agree with that completely.

On 3/18/2018 at 12:52 AM, Armsteeld2 said:

Marquez Valdes-Scantling 6'4 203 4.37

Robert Foster 6'1 195 4.41

Equaminus St Brown 6'4 218 4.48

Courtland Sutton 6'3 218 4.54

Jaleel Scott 6'4 218 4.56

There are more as well.  WRs are deep in this class; it all depends on what you like.

Agree with these WRs in terms of talent I like them all. WR just isn't a need worth addressing at the moment. Valdes-Scantling in the 7th rd. Jaleel Scott 5th rd. Other than that, WR is a need in 2019. You can grab a 2nd next year and a middling UFA and that position will be solid. We have defensive needs this draft.

The one thing I would disagree with is WRs are deep in this class. WR has been overpaid in UFA because the draft class is weak. No one is touching safeties on the UFA market that want $9m bc the safety class is strong. Why would I pay you $9m when I can draft this guy who is younger and arguably better and only pay him $800k cap hit.

DJ Moore is the best WR and he'll go 1st round

I honestly feel like we need to continue the trend toward physical wide receivers. Right now our most physical why does he was probably Juju Smith but Antonio Brown has shown some physicality. Juju Smith has good speed and it's a very good slot receiver with the potential to be a very good number two. Antonio Brown has good speed and is very Shifty has excellent footwork. I really feel like we need to continue to try and getting guys that are good route Runners but I also think that we need to add some height. The biggest reason I feel that the height is important is because I am absolutely anticipating losing Martavis Bryant after this season.

I feel like having a wide receiver with good height that perhaps is a better route Runner than Martavis Bryant might give us an additional Red Zone threat. Right now our tallest guys are the tight ends and in the Red Zone virtually everybody knows and they're going to get the first to look. If you add a tall wide receiver that is good at running routes then you 4th defenses to pay attention to more than two guys on the field in close quarters

Archived