Australian Rules Football -- 2023 season is upon us! You really should be watching this game!

Bucketheadsdad

Huge weekend in footy coming up in Round 22 (of 23).

#1 Geelong travels to the Gabba to face #2 Brisbane, with the winner securing their position at the top of the ladder.

.....along with that matchup, #3 West Coast Eagles travel to the MCG to face the #4 Richmond Tigers.  

Richmond's list has been ravaged by injuries this year, but with the exception of top defender Alex Rance, they're getting healthy at the right time.  Definitely a force to be reckoned with during the finals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Huge weekend in footy coming up in Round 22 (of 23).

#1 Geelong travels to the Gabba to face #2 Brisbane, with the winner securing their position at the top of the ladder.

.....along with that matchup, #3 West Coast Eagles travel to the MCG to face the #4 Richmond Tigers.  

Richmond's list has been ravaged by injuries this year, but with the exception of top defender Alex Rance, they're getting healthy at the right time.  Definitely a force to be reckoned with during the finals.

How do you see the WCE vs Tigers game going?

1 minute ago, Hail Mary said:

How do you see the WCE vs Tigers game going?

Being played at the MCG?  I think that Richmond is going to win.  They hit a tough patch of their schedule during Rds 11-13, but have been progressively been getting healthier as the season has gone along.  

Now that they've determined that Rance won't be back for the finals, they can focus on putting their best 22 out there.  

Brisbane has been a fun club to watch all year.  West Coast are the premiers til some one beats them, but as a Cats fan, the Tigers scare the hell out of me.  Especially now that it appears the AFL has refused to consider allowing the the Cats to host a finals game at GMHBA Stadium (due to seating capacity).  Imagine if the NFL pulled a stunt like that.  (Sorry Chargers, we know that you finished the year 14-2 and are the #1 ranked team in the AFC.  Unfortunately your stadium only seats 27,000, so we're going to send you across the country to be the "home" team in Foxboro Mass., while you play the Patriots.  Good luck!)  What a load of crap that is.  

• Like 1

Im excited for the opening game this morning. I still remember the first live game I watched, Richmond vs Carlton. It was electric, it felt really special, it being my first.

Curious why theres only thuraday games early in the season?

Anyway, probably wont happen but I hope the Demons win.

4 hours ago, Hail Mary said:

Curious why theres only thuraday games early in the season?

Australians don't like sports not on the weekend for some reason (cricket being about the only exception). 

Whenever the AFL has tried Monday night games there has always been a lot of public push back, and I'm pretty sure the Thursday night games we do have are less attended than Friday or Saturday night games

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

After the first two weeks of finals, here is where we are.

Image result for 2019 afl finals

My Cats stunk up the first quarter of their matchup with the Pies, and have to battle back into the semifinals playing the defending Premiers.  Not an easy task, and the AFL isn't doing them any favors AGAIN, by sending them back to the MCG to face the Eagles.  

Richmond dominated the Lions for the 2nd game in a row, and the GWS showed they weren't going to limp into the offseason, by thrashing arguably the hottest team in the comp.  However, they might be without Toby Greene for their matchup with Brisbane, after his ugly actions against Marcus Bontempelli.

I am cheering for my Cats to push through 3 more weeks of games at the MCG in order to raise the cup on September 28th.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 9:28 PM, drd23 said:

If he stopped ducking all the time he would bleed so much :P

Image result for laughing gif

Seriously though....

if it ends up being a Geelong/GWS Grand Final, Joel Selwood might finish the game without a face.......if Toby Greene gets near him.  

Image result for scratching and clawing gif

Edited by Bucketheadsdad
  • Like 1