Australian Rules Football -- 2023 season is upon us! You really should be watching this game!

Bucketheadsdad

On 1/19/2020 at 1:31 AM, Aussie9er said:

So excited for the coming season. Can Richmond do the double ? Can the Cats win the Premiership in Gary's last year ? Do the Giants bounce back after the most one sided Grand Final in memory ? Does Kelly push West Coast to the Premiership ? All these and more great story lines for the coming season. 

As an Australian i can say the bush fires shouldnt have an effect on the season with it being 2 months away. Air quality might be a concern thou. 

Great that there going to play state of origin which is basically an all star game for afl to raise chartiy for bush fire relief. Its Victoria vs allies (basically the rest) its on 28th of feb. 

Going to listen the the podcasts at work this week bucketheadsdad

Thanks so much!  I hope you enjoy (or have enjoyed) them.  Let me know what you think. 

......and by all means.......please feel free to share it with your friends!  :) The more the merrier.

6 hours ago, Hail Mary said:

I've decided to go with a different team.

When I chose West Coast I hadn't given many teams any consideration. 

I've realized that Carlton and my Toronto Maple Leafs have quite a few similarities, so I've decided I'm going to support them.

Go Blues!

That's a pretty big shift, from a perennial Finals contender, to a club that is still making the climb back up the ladder.  ( I think this year will be more kind to them, although getting Richmond right out of the gate can be difficult.)

On 1/21/2020 at 4:12 PM, Bucketheadsdad said:

That's a pretty big shift, from a perennial Finals contender, to a club that is still making the climb back up the ladder.  ( I think this year will be more kind to them, although getting Richmond right out of the gate can be difficult.)

It won't be easy, but I found myself liking Carlton more than West Coast as time went on. Plus I like cheering for the underdog. 

Edited by Hail Mary
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I shot you an email last night.  Just wanting to check in on the interview time.  :) 

Hmm, I can't seem to find the email. Could we talk about it on here?

I'm equal parts nervous as I am excited about the interview. But I'm sure it will go well. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2020 at 6:25 PM, Hail Mary said:

Hmm, I can't seem to find the email. Could we talk about it on here?

I'm equal parts nervous as I am excited about the interview. But I'm sure it will go well. 

Just wanted to check in with you and see if you wanted to give this another shot.  Hopefully we can get the phone link working.

• 2 weeks later...

@Webmaster Just wanted to give you a heads up that I'm giving your forum a big shoutout in my new episode of my podcast "A Yank on the Footy."  It will be episode 11, which was released tonight.  

I hope you don't mind, as it is arguably the best sports forum on the internet. 

Edited by Bucketheadsdad
  • Like 2

@Bucketheadsdad and everyone else

Hey guys just got wind that GWS and Melbourne Demons/Essendon Bombers are in discussions to play a regular season game in the USA (likely California so LA or San Francisco) maybe as soon as next season. How nice would that be. 

Afl cancelled game in china this year due to virus fears so looking to new markets and usa and uk are ones they are hoping to get one game into a season or so the rumours are going around. 

Edited by Aussie9er
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Breaking news all round 1 games will be behind closed doors no fan due to the virus.  This likely will be the norm for awhile for all australian sports. 

Which sucks cause I had tickets to take my dad to west coast vs Melbourne on Sunday week.  
Atleast the season is  going ahead and can watch it on tv. 

Edited by Aussie9er
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Aussie9er said:

Breaking news all round 1 games will be behind closed doors no fan due to the virus.  This likely will be the norm for awhile for all australian sports. 

Which sucks cause I had tickets to take my dad to west coast vs Melbourne on Sunday week.  
Atleast the season is  going ahead and can watch it on tv. 

It's a relief that it's going forward.

The UFC is going forward with their events too. 

Everything else is being canceled, so I'm glad that the AFL season is still happening.

• Like 1