Murray-Severson
Smith-Subban/Vatanen
Butcher-Vatanen/Subban
Kulikov-Carrick

Blackwood-Wedgewood

Hard not to be super intrigued by that third line

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Reimer on waivers from Carolina. We better put in a claim. His cap hit is high, but the salary as actually minimal and the cap hit won't affect us at all. He can be a competent back up. 

Did the Hurricanes pay his signing bonus? Cuz his real money is like $850,000. There is literally no reason for us not to claim him. None.

EDIT - Did ya get duped by the fake tweet? I'm still behind in my reading lol.

Edited by beekay414

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

We put Nick Merkley on waivers and kept Bastian over him. That doesn't make much sense to me tbqh. Also, didn't put Matt Tennyson on waivers, I don't think. Does Tennyson have compromising pics of Fitzy or something?

I don't get the Tennyson thing, but I get the Bastian thing just from a roster construction standpoint and the fact that he took a huge step forward last year. 

They obviously want Foote around to practice with the NHL squad until the AHL starts. He'll likely be on the taxi squad in that case 'til then. Hischier to IR to start, Tennyson and Foote to the taxi squad when Vats and Bratt get here. Maltsev/McLeod/Bastian to the AHL/Taxi squad when Nico returns. Senn obviously ends up on the taxi squad.

Edited by beekay414

37 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

They obviously want Foote around to practice with the NHL squad until the AHL starts. He'll likely be on the taxi squad in that case 'til then. Hischier to IR to start, Tennyson and Foote to the taxi squad when Vats and Bratt get here. Maltsev/McLeod/Bastian to the AHL/Taxi squad when Nico returns. Senn obviously ends up on the taxi squad.

I almost would rather Senn as the back up / Wedgwood as taxi. At least until the AHL gets kicking. I want the taxi squad to be guys that I really don't think have a future. Tennyson is perfect lol

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I almost would rather Senn as the back up / Wedgwood as taxi. At least until the AHL gets kicking. I want the taxi squad to be guys that I really don't think have a future. Tennyson is perfect lol

That might be the plan. Who knows? I figured Senn would get the AHL burn over Cormier and that Cormier would be the taxi guy but that's obviously wrong. Very well could be likely that Senn gets the back-up minutes. I'm just basing it on Ruff praising Wedgewood throughout camp.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

That might be the plan. Who knows? I figured Senn would get the AHL burn over Cormier and that Cormier would be the taxi guy but that's obviously wrong. Very well could be likely that Senn gets the back-up minutes. I'm just basing it on Ruff praising Wedgewood throughout camp.

I mean, Wedgewood does have a stanley cup ring and that kind of experience is invaluable :D:D:D

• Like 1