Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Bratt signed

2x2.75

My first thought was "that's what we were fighting about?"

My second thought was that he's very similar to Mango and kap, so this is a solid deal.

My third thought was, "lol miles wood makes the same" (obviously term is different)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

My first thought was "that's what we were fighting about?"

My second thought was that he's very similar to Mango and kap, so this is a solid deal.

My third thought was, "lol miles wood makes the same" (obviously term is different)

I wonder if there was a sacrifice by both sides? Like we gave him the $2.75 million, which he wanted, but, in exchange, it was a 2 year deal or vice versa? Because that seems like a deal that should've been done from the get go on our end. I had him in the $3-3.5 million range as it was.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I wonder if there was a sacrifice by both sides? Like we gave him the $2.75 million, which he wanted, but, in exchange, it was a 2 year deal or vice versa? Because that seems like a deal that should've been done from the get go on our end. I had him in the $3-3.5 million range as it was.

I thought 3s as well. Great job on both of those rfa deals

• Like 1

I thought 3s as well. Great job on both of those rfa deals

Well, from what I'd gather reading a little more, is that he took the $2.75 million in exchange for RFA arbitration rights on his next deal. I'm sure the haggle was that extra year. He probably wanted a bit more loot if the deal took him into UFA.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Forge said:

The difference between blackwood and Carter Hart in the gm rankings is hilarious. 

Must be putting a lot of emphasis on his playoffs

Just saw the article you referred to here. Holy ****. Carter Hart is tier 1, #6 overall but Blackwood is tier 3, #18 overall? What a joke.

Hart: .914 sv%, 1 shutout
Blackwood: .915 sv%, 3 shutouts

The GAA difference is attributed to one thing and one thing only...Carter Hart saw 352 less shots than Blackwood did in 2019-2020.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Just saw the article you referred to here. Holy ****. Carter Hart is tier 1, #6 overall but Blackwood is tier 3, #18 overall? What a joke.

Hart: .914 sv%, 1 shutout
Blackwood: .915 sv%, 3 shutouts

The GAA difference is attributed to one thing and one thing only...Carter Hart saw 352 less shots than Blackwood did in 2019-2020.

The main difference is basically the age and playoff resume. But they are very similar in what performance we can compare. It should not be that big of a gap. 

Maybe blackwood falls off, but based in what he's done, the difference is a lot closer than that

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

The main difference is basically the age and playoff resume. But they are very similar in what performance we can compare. It should not be that big of a gap. 

Maybe blackwood falls off, but based in what he's done, the difference is a lot closer than that

I understand the Hart bump 100%. It's much more about MacBlack than it is Hart.

• Like 1

I actually like ZBC's roster construction. I added on the 7th/8th dmen and the goalies

Gusev-Hughes-Palmieri
Johnsson-Hischier-Bratt
Zacha-Zajac-Wood
Sharangovich-Boqvist-Kuokkanen
Merkley

Murray-Severson
Smith-Subban
Butcher-Vatanen
Kulikov-Carrick

Blackwood-Wedgewood

32 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Dude, is Sharangovich really this good? He's looked all-world this camp.

Our team is really bad, so I'll have to see it in action before I commit. 

I did tell Daniel Negreanu to draft him in his dynasty fantasy league though for his farm system. He told me he already had three devils and couldn't draft any more

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

I actually like ZBC's roster construction. I added on the 7th/8th dmen and the goalies

Gusev-Hughes-Palmieri
Johnsson-Hischier-Bratt
Zacha-Zajac-Wood
Merkley

Murray-Severson
Smith-Subban
Butcher-Vatanen
Kulikov-Carrick

Blackwood-Wedgewood

I still prefer bratt and gusev together. I'd rather Johnsson with Jack

Just now, Forge said:

Our team is really bad, so I'll have to see it in action before I commit. 

See, if he didn't have the end of year AHL production and then the KHL explosion, I'd have this approach as well. I can't help but get a little excited about what he's been flashing the last year or so.

I still prefer bratt and gusev together. I'd rather Johnsson with Jack

Made a few adjustments

Gusev-Hischier-Bratt
Johnsson-Hughes-Palmieri
Zacha-Zajac-Wood/Merkley
Merkley/Wood or Maltsev 

Murray-Severson
Smith-Subban/Vatanen
Butcher-Vatanen/Subban
Kulikov-Carrick