Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

20 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, look at the forward lines we are running out there! It's not a shock we're bad lol. 

The funny thing is that there was a guy on HF who said he expected that we would run the rest of the season at a 100 point pace LOL

17 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Also, Nas needs to give MBW a game or two off. I don't care who we put in goal, he shouldn't be out there tonight. I swear to God if Nas ruins MBW by trying to keep the job, I'll kill Shero. 

We need to throw a decent chunk of change at Francouz this off season to split time with Mac. He's been fantastic with the Avs this year. 

I'd honestly consider trading Vats to a contender for their late 1st and a prospect. I like that range of the draft to find another LHD. I think Kaiden Guhle is a future top pairing LHD with the right RHD partner. However, we'd probably have to use the Arizona pick to land him. William Wallinder is another that I think has top pairing potential. He's got his warts but you can't teach his tools. He's someone that would definitely be in play in the 20s. 

I want Drysdale though. Ideally, assuming we fall in the lotto this time, we come out of this with Drysdale, a scoring forward with Arizona's pick (Noel Gunler/Dawson Mercer), and a LHD (Guhle/Wallinder). Obviously, if we end up top 2, we're taking Lafreniere/Byfield and then doing whatever else with the other 2 firsts (assuming we trade Vats, of course). 

I'd also be good with Raymond/Holtz/Stutzle (despite Stutzle not being a goal scoring forward we lack) and then Guhle/Wallinder later along with the 3rd 1st for whatever. 

I know people want proven talent but I'm not sure we're going to land a top pairing LHD via trade or free agency. Therefore, I'm doing my damnedest to land one in the draft. 

Edited by beekay414

Lol the Coleman pimping is going on in the team thread on HF again. 

HE SCORES GOALS AT A 1ST LINE RATE AT EVEN STRENGTH! 

They hold on to the smallest **** with guys they overrate. Coleman is a bottom 6 player but Triumph and the SteveCangliosi or whatever guy ride him hard. 

Anti Raanta hurt and Arizona is on the verge of falling out of the playoffs as they are 1 point ahead of Calgary and the Flames have a game in hand. Vancouver is also 4 points behind them but they have 3 games in hand too. Now we just have to hope they fall enough to land another stud and DON'T place in the top 3. Would be insane if we came out of this draft with two top 12 picks and the pick for Vatanen (assuming we deal him, obviously). Should also root hard for Hynes in Nashville. They are 7 points back with 4 games in hand of Arizona. That also doesn't include some of the East teams that could feasibly pass them (Florida and Columbus).

Edited by beekay414

Thoughts on my organizational top 10/11 prospects?

1. Ty Smith
2. Jesper Boqvist
3. Kevin Bahl
4. Joey Anderson
5. Daniil Misyul
6. Reilly Walsh
7. Aarne Talvitie
8. Michael McLeod
9. Graeme Clarke
10. Tyce Thompson/Fabian Zetterlund/Nikita Okhotyuk (can't decide)

Edited by beekay414