Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Really wondering if we're going to expose Subban with how weak our right side is. Subban is still a huge name so I could see Seattle taking him for marketing purposes considering it's just 1 year left on his deal. Plus, we just traded a 3rd for Siegenthaler a few months ago so...

Inb4 we S&T for Dougie and Graves is his defensively responsible partner.

30 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Really wondering if we're going to expose Subban with how weak our right side is. Subban is still a huge name so I could see Seattle taking him for marketing purposes considering it's just 1 year left on his deal. Plus, we just traded a 3rd for Siegenthaler a few months ago so...

Inb4 we S&T for Dougie and Graves is his defensively responsible partner.

I think he gets exposed. I don't think they give up a second and third like that. I think they just take the chance that Seattle won't pick him. I agree that for marketing he could be a solid addition for them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Considering the strength of the '22 class is RHD (and my massive want of Dougie), I've shifted to Hughes as my top target. My order is exactly the same with Edvinsson a very distant 4th.

With the addition of graves, this front office certainly has a type when it comes to dmen.... Which Edvinsson certainly fits 😂

Just now, Forge said:

Move is kind of whatever. Basically gives us time to sit on the pipeline. He's Andy green at 35 but younger lol

I think he's a good fit for the defensive scheme here. He's not a home run but he's a legitimate 4/5 defenseman and we're lacking there. The left side is secured for next year IMO with Smith, Graves and Siegenthaler. Now we just have to see what happens with Subban and what we do on the right side.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I think he's a good fit for the defensive scheme here. He's not a home run but he's a legitimate 4/5 defenseman and we're lacking there. The left side is secured for next year IMO with Smith, Graves and Siegenthaler. Now we just have to see what happens with Subban and what we do on the right side.

As someone mentioned on hf, he'll certainly help the pk unit. But ideally, he's a third pairing guy. I don't hate the move, but I don't know that he's good enough that I would have given up the assets for him even though they basically amount to nil 

Just now, Forge said:

As someone mentioned on hf, he'll certainly help the pk unit. But ideally, he's a third pairing guy. I don't hate the move, but I don't know that he's good enough that I would have given up the assets for him even though they basically amount to nil 

Eh, he's a stop gap and a really good one at that for what we're missing. To me, that's worth the late 2nd in itself (especially considering we could potentially trade back from 29 and recoup the pick). Maltsev is whatever, never felt too highly about him. Obviously nothing that makes you smile for the rest of the night or get ya giddy but a solid, solid hockey trade.

17 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Eh, he's a stop gap and a really good one at that for what we're missing. To me, that's worth the late 2nd in itself (especially considering we could potentially trade back from 29 and recoup the pick). Maltsev is whatever, never felt too highly about him. Obviously nothing that makes you smile for the rest of the night or get ya giddy but a solid, solid hockey trade.

Yep. Nothing major, I think it makes sense both ways though. Maybe unnecessary, but I also get it if you'd rather take a chance on him for an asset than bringing back kulikov for a year. It's fine

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yep. Nothing major, I think it makes sense both ways though. Maybe unnecessary, but I also get it if you'd rather take a chance on him for an asset than bringing back kulikov for a year. It's fine

My thoughts are they may not want to keep doing a year-by-year approach with those spots/roles. Both Graves and Siegenthaler are signed through '23 so they can now, if all goes well, prioritize their focus elsewhere for a few seasons. I can understand the year-by-year approach getting exhausting.