Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

Apparently that dude isn't a reliable source.

I saw someone say that on the board. Now I'm torn, because I don't trust anyone on that board to be a reliable source to tell me who is a reliable source. I've never seen a board be so biased toward their own agenda as I see on that board as a whole lol. 

• Like 1

Alright, so projecting here for funsies...

Arizona
Dream: Victor Soderstrom,  Anti Raanta/cap filler, 1st round pick (conditional or not)
Expectation: Kevin Bahl, Anti Raanta, lottery ticket prospect, 2nd round pick

Could also upgrade the package by taking back Hossa's deal. That's probably our best option involving Arizona.

Colorado
Dream: Bowen Byram
Expectation: Conor Timmons, Andre Burakovsky/JT Compher/Tyson Jost, 1st round pick

Dallas
Dream: Thomas Harley, Jake Oettinger, salary filler
Expectation: Not even sure here...they don't match up very well. Pretty much any Dallas deal has to involve Harley

Florida
Dream: Owen Tippett/Spencer Knight, Max Gildon, 1st round pick
Expectation: Vincent Trochack, B level prospect, 1st round pick

New York Islanders
Dream: Noah Dobson, 1st round pick
Expectation: Couldn't even tell ya lol. Devon Toews, Oliver Wahlstrom? Gross. It would have to be Dobson simply for paying the Metro tax lol.

St. Louis Blues
Dream and expectation: Jordan Kyrou, Niko Mikkola, 1st round pick

I miss anything?

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

They've apparently removed all the Taylor Hall jerseys from The Rock. Not sure if that's true or not considering they typically sell jerseys at discounted rates for players no longer on the team but it's something to add to the speculation that this is almost done.

22 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

They've apparently removed all the Taylor Hall jerseys from The Rock. Not sure if that's true or not considering they typically sell jerseys at discounted rates for players no longer on the team but it's something to add to the speculation that this is almost done.

I love all the items that are coming to the forefront that are on the periphery of a possible trade. GF going away parties. Jersey's not in the team store....this is a brilliant lead up to a trade lol. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Alright, so projecting here for funsies...

Arizona
Dream: Victor Soderstrom,  Anti Raanta/cap filler, 1st round pick (conditional or not)
Expectation: Kevin Bahl, Anti Raanta, lottery ticket prospect, 2nd round pick

Could also upgrade the package by taking back Hossa's deal. That's probably our best option involving Arizona.

Colorado
Dream: Bowen Byram
Expectation: Conor Timmons, Andre Burakovsky/JT Compher/Tyson Jost, 1st round pick

Dallas
Dream: Thomas Harley, Jake Oettinger, salary filler
Expectation: Not even sure here...they don't match up very well. Pretty much any Dallas deal has to involve Harley

Florida
Dream: Owen Tippett/Spencer Knight, Max Gildon, 1st round pick
Expectation: Vincent Trochack, B level prospect, 1st round pick

New York Islanders
Dream: Noah Dobson, 1st round pick
Expectation: Couldn't even tell ya lol. Devon Toews, Oliver Wahlstrom? Gross. It would have to be Dobson simply for paying the Metro tax lol.

St. Louis Blues
Dream and expectation: Jordan Kyrou, Niko Mikkola, 1st round pick

I miss anything?

Yeah, if Dallas isn't moving Harley, there's just no trade there whatsoever in my opinion. 

The Islanders definitely have the prospects to make a deal work, but I don't love them. There's some weirdness with guys like Wahlstrom and Wilde with how they seem to be temperamental and can't stick to decisions that they have made. Sorokin would probably be dream scenario B for the Islanders. 

The Flames have been mentioned, but their farm system is total and complete crap, to be honest. I honestly don't even know how to make that deal work it's so bad. 

The Bruins and Canes should probably be mentioned, even though there are no rumors. The Bruins have a bad system, and I don't think that deal gets done with probably both Studnicka and Vaakanainen. Any deal with the Canes I would want to include Bean. Both of those teams may be better landing spots for Palms and Coleman (the latter particularly with the Bruins, who have no cap space but badly need a middle six winger)

• Like 1

So are the Ottawa 67's just really good or is Mitchell Hoelscher turning a corner? He's already got 17 goals and 13 assists in 28 games. He had 22 goals in 141 games prior to this season. Turns 20 in January. Sucks that Graeme Clark is out for basically the season. He had 7 goals and 2 assists in 9 games before hurting his shoulder again. He's a sniper with 40 goal upside IMO. 

With the way Selec Astronomy and that Out of Business guy have acted, you'd think we had zero talent in the minors. 

I'm absolutely baffled by the amount of people on HF that don't want Kevin Bahl. They ***** about not having defensive defensemen, left handed defensemen and size all the damn time but are "meh" to a 6'7" 240 lbs shut down LHD lol. Bahl is going to be a good one and gives us a nice 1-2 punch on the left side with Smith, which is a nice foundation to have. 

It's not like Bahl can't skate lol. His first step isn't top notch but he's not slow at all. Kid is really, really good in his own end and that's something we've severely lacked.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

I'm absolutely baffled by the amount of people on HF that don't want Kevin Bahl. They ***** about not having defensive defensemen, left handed defensemen and size all the damn time but are "meh" to a 6'7" 240 lbs shut down LHD lol. Bahl is going to be a good one and gives us a nice 1-2 punch on the left side with Smith, which is a nice foundation to have. 

It's not like Bahl can't skate lol. His first step isn't top notch but he's not slow at all. Kid is really, really good in his own end and that's something we've severely lacked.

Did you see the Florida news?

Oof. I hope that is not a thing

**edit**

though someone did bring up the good point that one of the ahl scratches is probably the replacement for Trocheck if he were included in the deal, so that makes sense.