Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol the Edmonton stuff is stupid. According to that Jim dude, they are in on Hall but there's no way they are trading anything of substance. Classy dude.

Yeah, he basically took all good prospects and their first round pick off the table lol

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

YOU WILL GET THE GUY WHO DOESN'T WANT TO BE HERE AND HAS NO VALUE AND A 2ND AND LIKE IT

I'll be honest, I'm most curious by what else is involved in the trocheck deal. 

I'm not sure Raanta is coming with Bahl, and apparently AZ doesn't want to give him up anyway (Bahl that is)

Just now, Forge said:

I'll be honest, I'm most curious by what else is involved in the trocheck deal. 

I'm not sure Raanta is coming with Bahl, and apparently AZ doesn't want to give him up anyway (Bahl that is)

As was said on HF, I'm not even sure anyone knows anything. Shero's really good at keeping things in house. I think every single thing posted so far has been pure speculation. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

As was said on HF, I'm not even sure anyone knows anything. Shero's really good at keeping things in house. I think every single thing posted so far has been pure speculation. 

I feel like the trocheck thing may be legit. It's weird to have a very specific player mentioned, have it backed up by Friedman saying they have "hockey trades " on the table. The only thing is, I feel like that has to be a bigger deal. I'm not sure how Florida replaces him as their top 6 center

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I feel like the trocheck thing may be legit. It's weird to have a very specific player mentioned, have it backed up by Friedman saying they have "hockey trades " on the table. The only thing is, I feel like that has to be a bigger deal. I'm not sure how Florida replaces him as their top 6 center

Yeah, I dunno. I was hoping this would be over with this weekend but, alas, here we are. Let's just get this done so we can all move on. The one promising thing is, the team looks kinda rejuvenated without Hall in the lineup. You can just tell this is hanging over their heads and we'll all be better off when it's over.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Yeah, I dunno. I was hoping this would be over with this weekend but, alas, here we are. Let's just get this done so we can all move on. The one promising thing is, the team looks kinda rejuvenated without Hall in the lineup. You can just tell this is hanging over their heads and we'll all be better off when it's over.

The effort is much better, I will say. Defensively we have tightened up a bit, and Mac has been phenomenal, which is a big thing. 

The offense is a hot mess though. Thankfully, that was the case with or without Hall. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

The effort is much better, I will say. Defensively we have tightened up a bit, and Mac has been phenomenal, which is a big thing. 

The offense is a hot mess though. Thankfully, that was the case with or without Hall.

I think we'll be fine going forward. This doom and gloom stuff coming from some members over on HF is hilarious to me. We have talent, we know that. The problem is clearly coaching. By being able to move on from Hall, we free up so much room to maneuver and, honestly, probably saves us major trouble as Hall isn't going to be worth his contract IMO. All we need is a coach who can bring in structure and implement it from the get go. We do that, we're fine. Just gotta get this Hall trade done right and go from there. I still have a ton of hope in this team going forward. This year is whatever, let's just take that high draft pick and ride with it.  

• Like 1

Supposedly Calgary is starting to push now, and they are looking at an extension with the trade. 

I don't buy that at all. I'm not sure how credible the initial source was (just a retired scout dude), and I honestly have no idea how they make the money work long term. Rental? Sure, they could do that just by including Frolik. But long term, I don't know how they pay him 9-11 a season. They have a lot of money coming off the books, but these are important players that they would also have to replace. Frolik is 4 million they will get, Hamonic and brodie are both older, so maybe they are letting them go, but I don't know what they do to replace them. We are n't taking a Lucic cap dump back in the trade.

Their farm system is also kind of brutal. Nothing inspiring whatsoever.