Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Some people are simply never happy though. 

This is the damn truth. Lavy is a proven winner and we're one of the worst programs in sports right now (not just hockey). I don't understand why you WOULDN'T want a successful coach who isn't over the hill or an archaic archetype (Babcock). Yeah, Lavy screams and yells but he's not Mike Singletary lol. I'd kill for Lavy right now. I want Gronborg as much as anyone due to his ability to adapt his system to his players but he's a pipedream if ZSC won't let him out of his contract no matter what. I want him badly but I am not willing to hire a stopgap or give Nas a try to land him in 2021-22. Go get Lavy before someone else does.

So here is something I don't get. 

I remember when there was talk that Noah Hanafin could be part of the Hall deal, and devils fans were apoplectic. Wanted no part of Hanafin. 

But now we have devils fans wanting to give up a top ten pick for Vince Dunn?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

So here is something I don't get. 

I remember when there was talk that Noah Hanafin could be part of the Hall deal, and devils fans were apoplectic. Wanted no part of Hanafin. 

But now we have devils fans wanting to give up a top ten pick for Vince Dunn?

It's no use to try to figure out fans. They contradict themselves every chance they can. 

If we traded a top 10 pick for Dunn, I'd ask for Fitzy to be fired on the spot. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

It's no use to try to figure out fans. They contradict themselves every chance they can. 

If we traded a top 10 pick for Dunn, I'd ask for Fitzy to be fired on the spot. 

It's really weird. I think that there is some weird sort of hive group think on hf. Someone posts his advanced stats (which admittedly, are great looking) with regards to entries and exits, and now everyone is so in. And yes, the advanced stats (cf, shots for/against, etc), so look great. But he also plays 16-17 minutes a night on situations heavily slanted in his favor (55-60 ozs) on a very good team. Of course his advanced stats should look great,

Three weeks ago, blues fans were willing to accept two seconds for him. Seriously, that's in the trade forum.  So in three weeks, with no hockey, his value has gone from two seconds to a top ten pick lol. Also, keep in mind, that if they trade Dunn, that ostensibly means they picked Marco freaking Scandella  over him. How does that inspire confidence? They signed Scandella two months ago, and they fully knew their situation for the off-season at that point

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's really weird. I think that there is some weird sort of hive group think on hf. Someone posts his advanced stats (which admittedly, are great looking) with regards to entries and exits, and now everyone is so in. And yes, the advanced stats (cf, shots for/against, etc), so look great. But he also plays 16-17 minutes a night on situations heavily slanted in his favor (55-60 ozs) on a very good team. Of course his advanced stats should look great,

Three weeks ago, blues fans were willing to accept two seconds for him. Seriously, that's in the trade forum.  So in three weeks, with no hockey, his value has gone from two seconds to a top ten pick lol. Also, keep in mind, that if they trade Dunn, that ostensibly means they picked Marco freaking Scandella  over him. How does that inspire confidence? They signed Scandella two months ago, and they fully knew their situation for the off-season at that point

Thankfully, NHL GMs don't operate on forums lol

• Like 1

So a few whispers that Sanderson is going to go top 5 and ahead of Drysdale. Initially by Pronman, but then Button had him mad high in his rankings (and Button get crapped on for crazy takes but he's more right than wrong however his recent ones are mental).

You guys might legit get Drysdale if the draft order stays put. Insanity.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

So a few whispers that Sanderson is going to go top 5 and ahead of Drysdale. Initially by Pronman, but then Button had him mad high in his rankings (and Button get crapped on for crazy takes but he's more right than wrong however his recent ones are mental).

You guys might legit get Drysdale if the draft order stays put. Insanity.

The pdo cast said there were whispers Sanderson being rated higher from several teams as well a couple of months ago. Sanderson before Drysdale send like a 100% legitimate possibility

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

apparently, it's intentional...but kind of makes the situation look like a circus lol

Intentional as in "divide and concur" type deal? I get doing that in this environment but if it's something we've done the entire time under Harris, I have my questions.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Intentional as in "divide and concur" type deal? I get doing that in this environment but if it's something we've done the entire time under Harris, I have my questions.

I just don't like the perception that nobody knows who is in charge. That is a bad look, even if you don't have a GM lol

1 hour ago, Forge said:

How much would you give up for Johnny Hockey (assuming Calgary signs Taylor Hall), knowing he only has 2 years left on his current deal? 

Quite a bit. He's a local kid IIRC so he might be inclined to extend. If we can work out an extension before the trade, I'd move Vancouver's 2021 unprotected pick along with Jesper Bratt and maybe then some fliers.