Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

57 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

I think Drysdale is a lock for Ottawa at 5. A potential franchise D-man and a long term partner for Chabot.

Perfetti, Holtz or Sanderson is my guess for the pool of prospects you guys will choose with.

Those were my exact three choices as well in another forum. That being said, if Bobby Mac's rankings are an accurate representation, it may be Rossi as opposed to Perfetti who is there. 

I'd also expect the Senators to take Raymond. 

When asked about the draft, Fitz said that he would certainly entertain trading one of the additional first round picks (go get Sergachev!!!!!!!!!!!!!), and when asked about #7, he said that he told the scouts to get him the guy with the biggest ceiling. 

1 hour ago, Canadian Saint said:

I think Drysdale is a lock for Ottawa at 5. A potential franchise D-man and a long term partner for Chabot.

Perfetti, Holtz or Sanderson is my guess for the pool of prospects you guys will choose with.

Gah, see I wouldn't know where to go there. If skating isn't an issue then Perfetti is the easy choice but Holtz is perfect for what we need and our RW prospect depth is terrible. 

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

When asked about the draft, Fitz said that he would certainly entertain trading one of the additional first round picks (go get Sergachev!!!!!!!!!!!!!), and when asked about #7, he said that he told the scouts to get him the guy with the biggest ceiling. 

So then Perfetti if he's on the board...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Whatever. Anything is better than Hynes.

Honestly, I really do get it if I think about it from a 2 year babysitting gig like Devils daily said it could be (and that's before you even consider that he's probably the least expensive of the coaches) 

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

So then Perfetti if he's on the board...

I feel like if that really is the case, it would be a battle betweet Perfetti and Rossi. I like Holtz, but I kind of think he's capped just a bit in terms of upside. Obviously a fantastic scorer and best shot in the class, but a lot of aspects of his game trail behind the others. 

36 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd also expect the Senators to take Raymond. 

I'm hoping it plays out like this...

1. Lafreniere
2. Byfield/Stutzle
3. Stutzle/Byfield
4. Rossi
5. Raymond
6. Holtz/Sanderson (no idea what Anaheim will do)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I feel like if that really is the case, it would be a battle betweet Perfetti and Rossi. I like Holtz, but I kind of think he's capped just a bit in terms of upside. Obviously a fantastic scorer and best shot in the class, but a lot of aspects of his game trail behind the others. 

If we end up with Arizona's pick, I don't see the point in Holtz when we can sit back and choose between Quinn, Jarvis or Mercer with that pick.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

If we end up with Arizona's pick, I don't see the point in Holtz when we can sit back and choose between Quinn, Jarvis or Mercer with that pick.

That pick could also end up being Sanderson though. Or Guhle. 

Just now, Forge said:

That pick could also end up being Sanderson though. Or Guhle. 

I think Sanderson goes after 7 but before 10/11. Guhle would be Vancouver's pick should we get it. I'm a Guhle guy so I'd be happy with it but not over Jarvis/Mercer/Quinn.

Pronman did a post-lottery mock and went...

1. Mystery Team - Lafreniere
2. LA Kings - Byfield
3. Ottawa - Stutzle
4. Detroit - Raymond
5. Ottawa - Perfetti
6. Anaheim - Drysdale
7. NJ Devils - Rossi
8. Buffalo - Holtz
9. Montreal - Sanderson
10. Chicago - Quinn
11. NJ Devils - Anton Lundell (gross!)

Lundell is a tough player to project. I could see him slide to around No. 20, but I could see him go top 15 as I’m projecting here. He’s not an exciting player, but teams still give him credit for how he’s played at high levels of competition for years. I’ve heard scouts suggest goalie Yaroslavl Askarov to the Devils here, but I could see New Jersey valuing what Lundell has done so far in his career.

12. Minnesota - Askarov
13. Winnipeg - Schneider
14. NY Rangers - Mercer
15. Florida - Guhle
16. Columbus - Zary
17. Calgary - Holloway
18. NJ Devils - Jarvis
19. Nashville - Bourque
20. Carolina - Amirov
21. Edmonton - Greig
22. Ottawa - Lapierre
23. Dallas - Barron
24. NY Rangers - Perreault
25. Minnesota - Brisson
26. Philadelphia - Reichel
27. SJ Sharks - Gunler
28. Colorado - Neighbours
29. Vegas - Poirier
30. Washington - Khusnutdinov
31. St. Louis - Colangelo
32. Anaheim - Peterka

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I think Sanderson goes after 7 but before 10/11. Guhle would be Vancouver's pick should we get it. I'm a Guhle guy so I'd be happy with it but not over Jarvis/Mercer/Quinn.

I think Sanderson probably goes before the Arizona pick as well (though I suppose maybe he doesn't if that pick is #9). I hate how steep the drop off is for me after the first 7 forwards. It's steep. And then there's another steep drop after the next couple of guys.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Pronman did a post-lottery mock and went...

1. Mystery Team - Lafreniere
2. LA Kings - Byfield
3. Ottawa - Stutzle
4. Detroit - Raymond
5. Ottawa - Perfetti
6. Anaheim - Drysdale
7. NJ Devils - Rossi
8. Buffalo - Holtz
9. Montreal - Sanderson
10. Chicago - Quinn
11. NJ Devils - Anton Lundell (gross!)

12. Minnesota - Askarov
13. Winnipeg - Schneider
14. NY Rangers - Mercer
15. Florida - Guhle
16. Columbus - Zary
17. Calgary - Holloway
18. NJ Devils - Jarvis
19. Nashville - Bourque
20. Carolina - Amirov
21. Edmonton - Greig
22. Ottawa - Lapierre
23. Dallas - Barron
24. NY Rangers - Perreault
25. Minnesota - Brisson
26. Philadelphia - Reichel
27. SJ Sharks - Gunler
28. Colorado - Neighbours
29. Vegas - Poirier
30. Washington - Khusnutdinov
31. St. Louis - Colangelo
32. Anaheim - Peterka

The Lundell thing is interesting. There's seriously nothing wrong with him at all....and yet its the least exciting pick ever. I mean, if he goes somewhere between picks 10-15, I'm going to nod my head and go, "yep, that's about right". And some people absolutely *love* him if you look at the boards (mainly other teams boards lol). But it's the least exciting pick in this draft. 

If we pick him at 11, I'm going to be "meh" about it, but humorously enough, if Pronman reversed that and we took Jarvis at 11 and Lundell at 18 I'd be pretty ecstatic lol. I have Jarvis much higher than I probably should. 

I honestly don't know how I'd feel about having three first round picks and not getting at least one defenseman. Just weird. But I can't hate on those picks to be perfectly honest. They are okay. Lundell is not a sexy one, but there's nothing wrong with it per se. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm hoping it plays out like this...

1. Lafreniere
2. Byfield/Stutzle
3. Stutzle/Byfield
4. Rossi
5. Raymond
6. Holtz/Sanderson (no idea what Anaheim will do)

So you would rather go Perfetti than Rossi?