Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Well, if the double header stuff is true, we really need to invest in a better backup lol

Oh, we definitely do. I'm just not sure if we do. The good thing is that it saves real dollars, so ownership has to be interested.

I just have this bad feeling we are rolling with Cory again

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oh, we definitely do. I'm just not sure if we do. The good thing is that it saves real dollars, so ownership has to be interested.

I just have this bad feeling we are rolling with Cory again

Well, it's hard to tell at this point. There's no reason to buy him out yet or to announce it. Why play your hand before you have to?

Just now, beekay414 said:

Well, it's hard to tell at this point. There's no reason to buy him out yet or to announce it. Why play your hand before you have to?

Yeah, the window isn't even open. I hate that Lou basically shut down all rumors in Jersey during his career there and it's somehow carried over. Getting rumors for the devils is hard lol. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Oh god yeah. I'm trading him at the draft or the deadline if that's what he's gonna ask.

He's had a slightly worse career than palms, but I think he's super comparable for contract purposes, and palms should get a better one. 

I'm guessing that is something Fitz is paying attention to. I don't know how much of a hurry he is to sign him. Wants to see where the market is, which tells me he has a very specific price point already in mind

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

He's had a slightly worse career than palms, but I think he's super comparable for contract purposes, and palms should get a better one. 

I'm guessing that is something Fitz is paying attention to. I don't know how much of a hurry he is to sign him. Wants to see where the market is, which tells me he has a very specific price point already in mind

I know it's been limited stuff but I have 100% confidence in Fitzgerald AS LONG AS ownership stays the hell out of hockey decisions. Just tell him what money he can and cannot spend and let him do his thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I know it's been limited stuff but I have 100% confidence in Fitzgerald AS LONG AS ownership stays the hell out of hockey decisions. Just tell him what money he can and cannot spend and let him do his thing.

I'm there with you. I have been happy so far. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Don't know if the whole thread will show up but here's a presumed Zary fan that's coming to Wheeler's defense...

That was the last reaction but there's a little more to it. Am I wrong here?

No, he's just defending Wheeler. It's one of those things that kind of drives me nuts. Like, yes, zary could be a better nhl player than Sanderson. That is a real thing that may happen. But are the odds that he reaches his peak, or becomes a better player than zary really better than Sandersons? I don't think so. That's the type of stuff that the evals take into consideration, so I'd like to know why he thinks that is more likely with zary. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

No, he's just defending Wheeler. It's one of those things that kind of drives me nuts. Like, yes, zary could be a better nhl player than Sanderson. That is a real thing that may happen. But are the odds that he reaches his peak, or becomes a better player than zary really better than Sandersons? I don't think so. That's the type of stuff that the evals take into consideration, so I'd like to know why he thinks that is more likely with zary. 

EXACTLY

I mean, just look at Wheeler's response in his write up for Sanderson. It's like he's being a stubborn butthead by putting him 17. I'm 100% convinced he did these rankings just to be different. There's a reason why he's responded to people criticizing him with a simple "lol" on twitter when they do it.

• Like 1