Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Also, found it interesting that we rode Rango in the dot most of the time in that line. So Jack is centering it, but starting on the wing, it appears 

They've been rotating. They asked Jack about it in the post game presser and he said it's based on who is riding hot on the dot. If Jack wins a few, he stays on the dot and vice versa.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

They've been rotating. They asked Jack about it in the post game presser and he said it's based on who is riding hot on the dot. If Jack wins a few, he stays on the dot and vice versa.

Can't say I hate it. Rango won a couple of big ones. I have to say that I love that Lindy is willing to remove his best players from things they aren't great at. 

Just now, Forge said:

Can't say I hate it. Rango won a couple of big ones. I have to say that I love that Lindy is willing to remove his best players from things they aren't great at. 

Lindy's a hell of a coach IMO. We were definitely wrong in not being thrilled when he got the job. He's the perfect guy to build this team up until we need to take that next step. His willingness to let the kids be kids and grow is HUGE for this franchise, especially after the youth getting scratched for AHL fodder routinely in the past.

So far, I'm in love with the plan. Of course, a lot of that is how massive Hughes has been already. Just letting Jack go out and play his game has done wonders for him so far.

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Lindy's a hell of a coach IMO. We were definitely wrong in not being thrilled when he got the job. He's the perfect guy to build this team up until we need to take that next step. His willingness to let the kids be kids and grow is HUGE for this franchise, especially after the youth getting scratched for AHL fodder routinely in the past.

So far, I'm in love with the plan. Of course, a lot of that is how massive Hughes has been already. Just letting Jack go out and play his game has done wonders for him so far.

Honestly I'm getting a bit of a mentor melrose / stamkos feel from hynes / Jack. I know Hughes was partially to blame as he just wasn't ready, but everything was working against him. Including those lines and system

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Honestly I'm getting a bit of a mentor melrose / stamkos feel from hynes / Jack. I know Hughes was partially to blame as he just wasn't ready, but everything was working against him. Including those lines and system

I mean, we all knew he wasn't physically ready for the game. We also knew that John Hynes suppresses talent with his stupid ECHL level system. We saw it the moment he got to Nashville. Getting a HoF coach has already paid off and it's only been 3 games without a friggin' true camp. It's unbelievable that John Hynes lasted 5 years here. It's even more baffling that he got a job a month later.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, we all knew he wasn't physically ready for the game. We also knew that John Hynes suppresses talent with his stupid ECHL level system. We saw it the moment he got to Nashville. Getting a HoF coach has already paid off and it's only been 3 games without a friggin' true camp. It's unbelievable that John Hynes lasted 5 years here. It's even more baffling that he got a job a month later.

Lol Nashville

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol at HF preferring Govy, Shary or Shara to Rango. Those guys have terrible taste...but then again...they do live in Jersey/NY/East Coast. We're the smart Devils fans.

I hate the Govy thing. It's just too much of a rip off too me. Rango is only tough because we have someone who was a Mango first, but Rango is the clear choice. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I hate the Govy thing. It's just too much of a rip off too me. Rango is only tough because we have someone who was a Mango first, but Rango is the clear choice. 

The 29th Pick was like "nobody on this forum likes Rango" and I responded with "That's because nobody on this forum knows joy." 

lol

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Also, I have not, for one second, referred to Andreas Johnsson as Mango outside of this thread every now and then. 

Yeah, but apparently its a long standing nickname. I don't know that we can just take it away lol. 

Also, he's been kind of a disaster after some okay moments in the opener. If this team sat him when both Nico and Bratt returned, I wouldn't have a reason to say it was a bad call. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, but apparently its a long standing nickname. I don't know that we can just take it away lol. 

Also, he's been kind of a disaster after some okay moments in the opener. If this team sat him when both Nico and Bratt returned, I wouldn't have a reason to say it was a bad call. 

Didn't Jim explain why it's a terrible nickname? The root of it is, well, borderline racist lol. I don't know if I can say the word on this forum or not.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Didn't Jim explain why it's a terrible nickname? The root of it is, well, borderline racist lol. I don't know if I can say the word on this forum or not.

Oh no, I never saw that. Does it have something to do with Sweden then?