Are we just comparing them in a broad sense, or in actual player "style"

Either or.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Hughes - Gretzky :P

Hischier - Bo Horvat

Holtz - Laine makes most sense, but I'm hoping he's closer to Kessel

Mercer - Philip Danault? 

Smith - Rafalski is one i like

lol at Hughes. That's funny. I just went with Barzal (85 pt Barzal, not 60 point Barzal) because they skate and control the puck in a very similar way and both aren't really goal scorers.

Horvat is a good one for Nico and a more realistic type expectation. He might be able to pull off a Kopitar year or two if he can stay healthy.

I think Holtz is a better playmaker than Laine so, yeah, Kessel makes way more sense.

Mercer will be better than Danault. Definitely a safe play tho.

The Smith-Rafalski comparison has been made about 1000 times over the start of the season and it just makes so much sense.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

The Smith-Rafalski comparison has been made about 1000 times over the start of the season and it just makes so much sense.

How good was rafalski? At 37 he scored more ppg than nico  ever has. That's insane. I still don't know how rafalski happened lol

lol I love early season impatience from fantasy owners. I've been able to turn Andre Burakovsky, Alexis Lafreniere, Jeff Skinner and Dylan Strome into Alexander Radulov, Kevin Fiala, Reilly Smith and Conor Garland due to guys dropping them due to slow starts. I did have to drop Robert Thomas for Alec Martinez with Slavin going on the Covid list and OEL getting hurt for a month.

Forwards: Taylor Hall, Mark Stone, Mathew Barzal, Teuvo Teravainen, Kyle Palmieri, Evgeny Kuznetsov, Rickard Rackell, Jack Hughes, Alexander Radulov, Conor Garland, Reilly Smith, Kevin Fiala, Nico Hischier (on IR)
Defense: Erik Karlsson, Jaccob Slavin, Colton Parayko, Mikhail Sergachev, Matt Dumba, Alec Martinez, Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Goalies: Andrei Vasilevskiy, Connor Hellebuyck, Mackenzie Blackwood

As expected, I'm trending toward an easy 2-0 start even with like 6 guys out lol

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

He completely bottomed out in the end, but damn man, could Lou ever find and squeeze out talent back then. 

When did the salary cap going into place? Cuz that's when Lou lost it. He had no idea how to handle the salary cap and his refusal to rebuild set us back a decade. Everyone and their mom knew that Parise was leaving but Lou refused to trade him. Yes, we lucked into a SC run as a 6 seed but, still, we were a damn 6 seed. Yes, I know we had 102 points that year but the Atlantic was ridiculous.

I appreciate Lou, 100%, but I can do that and acknowledge that he completely ****ed us in the end.

Just now, beekay414 said:

When did the salary cap going into place? Cuz that's when Lou lost it. He had no idea how to handle the salary cap and his refusal to rebuild set us back a decade. Everyone and their mom knew that Parise was leaving but Lou refused to trade him. Yes, we lucked into a SC run as a 6 seed but, still, we were a damn 6 seed. Yes, I know we had 102 points that year but the Atlantic was ridiculous.

I appreciate Lou, 100%, but I can do that and acknowledge that he completely ****ed us in the end.

2005 I think? I believe that is what came out of the lockout, right? 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

2005 I think? I believe that is what came out of the lockout, right? 

Yeah, looks like 05-06. We managed to win the Atlantic 4 times in the next 5 years after that. We then missed the playoffs in 10-11, made the SCF in 11-12 and you know the rest.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Dont' think so. 

His forwards are pretty meh so I'm hoping he's willing to go the depth route. My depth is stupid so I figured I'd take a shot at the best in the business.

Kaprizov, Tavares, Landeskog, Mantha, Pavelski, Kadri, Getzlaf, Tanev, Verhaeghe, McDavid, Coleman, Hornqvist and Tarasenko (IR) are his forwards