Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, Forge said:

Given that they are tested every other day, that seems excessive lol

Believe it's less if they have to drive. But since we're already in the city where Palms might get traded to, and it happens by Tuesday, why would he have to quarantine?

BK's Devils Top 30 Prospects
Rank Player Age* Position Potential
1. Dawson Mercer, 19, C/RW - Top 6
2. Alexander Holtz, 19, RW - Top Line
3. Nolan Foote, 20, LW - Top 6
4. Jesper Boqvist, 22, C/LW - Top 6
5. Tyce Thompson, 22, RW - Middle 6
6. Shakir Mukhamadullin, 19, LHD - Top 4
7. Kevin Bahl, 21, LHD - 4/5
8. Graeme Clarke, 20, RW - 2nd Line
9. Nikita Okhotyuk, 20, LHD - 4/5
10. Reilly Walsh, 22, RHD - 4/5
11. Daniil Misyul, 20, LHD - 4/5
12. Aarne Talvitie, 22, LW - Middle 6
13. Patrick Moynihan, 20, C/RW - 3rd Line
14. Nico Daws, 20, G - Solid Starter 
15. Jaromir Pytlik, 19, C - 3rd Line
16. Michael Vukojevic, 20, LHD - 5/6
17. Fabian Zetterlund, 21, RW - Third Line
18. Nathan Bastian, 23, RW - Bottom 6
19. Mikhail Maltsev, 23, C/LW - Bottom 6
20. Nick Merkley, 24, C/RW - Bottom 6
21. Michael McLeod, 23, C - Bottom 6
22. Arseni Gritsyuk, 20, LW - Longshot Top 6
23. Case McCarthy, 20, RHD - 5/6
24. Eetu Pakkila, 21, LW - Longshot Middle 6 
25. Benjamin Baumgartner, 21, LW - Longshot Middle 6
26. Nikola Pasic, 20, LW - Longshot Middle 6
27. Marian Studenic, 22, RW - Bottom 6
28. Ethan Edwards, 19, LHD - 6/7
29. Yegor Zaitsev, 23, LHD - 6/7
30. Nate Schnarr, 22, C - Bottom 6
*Age during the 2021 Season (Through July)

Graduated Ty Smith, Yegor Sharangovich and Janne Kuokkanen from this list. Left Bastian, Merkley, Maltsev and McLeod on because they don't feel like they are guaranteed to be full time regulars yet.

Edited by beekay414

Notes
-Dawson Mercer jumped Holtz in the rankings. Mercer has been unreal so far in his D+1 year while Holtz, on a bad team, has failed to impress after a hot start. Nothing changes in their potentials as both should be sure fire NHLers.
-Dropped Bahl from a Top 4 D potential and the 4th spot to a 4/5 potential and the 7th spot. He just hasn't produced with Bingo. He has 1 assist in 14 games.
-Boqvist, while merely okay with the NHL club, has been impressive with Bingo playing his natural position. Ideally, he'll be used to upgrade the NHL club via trade as he really doesn't have a spot on this roster. He's either a top 6 C or nothing IMO. He's not cut out for LW.
-Bumped Tyce Thompson up to a top 5 slot due to a repeat of a successful PPG season on a lesser Providence team than last year.
-Okhotyuk jumped Walsh while Misyul fell a few spots to outside the top 10. Walsh is scoring at a 0.5 PPG pace, which is nice, but Okhotyuk has been the shutdown guy on a team defense that bleeds constantly. Misyul, while falling a few spots, didn't do anything wrong to change his outlook so the falling has more to do with Okhotyuk and Walsh. He's producing in the KHL similarly to how he produced in the MHL. They are really interchangeable in this range.
-Gave Moynihan a fairly significant bump up to 13 after an impressive near PPG Sophomore season at Providence.
-Vukojevic jumped noticably from a back end top 30 prospect to borderline top half. He's been impressive with Bingo.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Notes
-Dawson Mercer jumped Holtz in the rankings. Mercer has been unreal so far in his D+1 year while Holtz, on a bad team, has failed to impress after a hot start. Nothing changes in their potentials as both should be sure fire NHLers.
-Dropped Bahl from a Top 4 D potential and the 4th spot to a 4/5 potential and the 7th spot. He just hasn't produced with Bingo. He has 1 assist in 14 games.
-Boqvist, while merely okay with the NHL club, has been impressive with Bingo playing his natural position. Ideally, he'll be used to upgrade the NHL club via trade as he really doesn't have a spot on this roster. He's either a top 6 C or nothing IMO. He's not cut out for LW.
-Bumped Tyce Thompson up to a top 5 slot due to a repeat of a successful PPG season on a lesser Providence team than last year.
-Okhotyuk jumped Walsh while Misyul fell a few spots to outside the top 10. Walsh is scoring at a 0.5 PPG pace, which is nice, but Okhotyuk has been the shutdown guy on a team defense that bleeds constantly. Misyul, while falling a few spots, didn't do anything wrong to change his outlook so the falling has more to do with Okhotyuk and Walsh. He's producing in the KHL similarly to how he produced in the MHL. They are really interchangeable in this range.
-Gave Moynihan a fairly significant bump up to 13 after an impressive near PPG Sophomore season at Providence.
-Vukojevic jumped noticably from a back end top 30 prospect to borderline top half. He's been impressive with Bingo.

I can't figure out what to do with boqvist. Just invisible at the nhl level when he gets chances. The point production is nice in bingo, but a huge chunk of that came in one game (he had 7 in 8, but pretty sure 4 came in one game last week or so). Getting less bullish on him. 

Impressed with clarke. Probably my 4th ranked forward. 

I like the call on vuko. Think he's earned it. I'm glad he did well. Didn't think we were going to sign him. I've always been a lukewarm bahl guy. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

I can't figure out what to do with boqvist.

Trade him. Really all there is to it. Use him in a package to a team that can give him potential top 6 line minutes at C. He's not a winger, you can tell just watching him with the big club.

Impressed with clarke. Probably my 4th ranked forward. 

I originally bumped Boqvist down behind him but couldn't just brush off the AHL production from Jesper enough to pull that trigger. He really is interchangeable with Tyce. If they both end up playing in Bingo, with Foote being the first FWD up after the trade deadline, we'll get an idea of how far apart or close they really are.

I like the call on vuko. Think he's earned it. I'm glad he did well. Didn't think we were going to sign him. I've always been a lukewarm bahl guy. 

I was bullish on Bahl but something's just not working in Bingo. They have him playing with Walsh, I believe, so maybe it's not his fault he only has 1 point? Would understand using Bahl in that shut down role on the line. Guess it's probably not fair to solely judge him by points scored considering Dmitri Kulikov only has 2 points in 32 (33?) games.

Vuko got sat down this weekend in favor of Groleau but I'm assuming that was just an off day. IIRC, he's been getting top pair burn with Bingo. That's yuge. He's really impressed and, as you said, didn't really have him in the future plans and that was evident by where I had placed him in the initial top 30.

Edited by beekay414

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not sure why, but palms hasn't been traded yet still

I hope he doesn't Kreider us. I trust Fitzy to be a man of his word but you never know when ownership may get in the way. Two weeks that'll probably be more like one due to the quarantine rules (unless we get lowballed).

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1