Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd like to, but I don't think that Beekay is wrong...I think that there's probably some sort of unwritten rule between GMs this year that is leaving most guys unclaimed. Maybe there's a premade arrangement before a guy gets claimed so far this season. 

I wouldn't be surprised but man is that frustrating. Mete I think will be a decent measuring stick to see if that's real. Here is a guy who could end up being a top 4 LHD who can move the puck effectively. He's young and he's cheap. He's one of the odd players who have good underlying numbers, but the eye test fails. A team like the Devils where he doesn't have pressure or media attention, he could really come here and thrive. Some guy on twitter compared him to D Toews and I can honestly see it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yesterday, I advocated for Fitzy to go get Hadyn Fleury. Today, he gets a similar player for probably much less than it would take to get Fleury. This is why he's the GM and I'm posting on the internet LOL.

Yeah, but then you have an nfl team that's about to trade two future firsts to go up and get Mac Jones, so maybe we should be more than dudes on the internet 😂

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Which dumbass team is doing that? LOL

The niners probably. 

Though Fields is +275 so I think I'm going to lay 1000 on that. I'm tempted to do Lance instead at +425, but I have a really hard time seeing that. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

The niners probably. 

Though Fields is +275 so I think I'm going to lay 1000 on that. I'm tempted to do Lance instead at +425, but I have a really hard time seeing that. 

Oh man, I thought Simms (was it Simms?) was full of **** when he mentioned that you guys moved up for Mac.

Oh man, I thought Simms (was it Simms?) was full of **** when he mentioned that you guys moved up for Mac.

Everyone says Mac. Everyone is full of it and nobody knows, but it's created a big price on fields and Lance, both of whom I find more likely. It certainly could be Jones, but the reports are garbage

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Everyone says Mac. Everyone is full of it and nobody knows, but it's created a big price on fields and Lance, both of whom I find more likely. It certainly could be Jones, but the reports are garbage

I don't think anyone knows what the hell is going to happen this draft. It's the reason why I didn't do any type of deep dive on prospects this year. I just wanna be like "okay" when the Packers draft rather than rooting for them to take someone they inevitably pass on. I think it's going to be a lot less stressful that way lol. I just wanna watch for the entertainment and not the emotional investment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I don't think anyone knows what the hell is going to happen this draft. It's the reason why I didn't do any type of deep dive on prospects this year. I just wanna be like "okay" when the Packers draft rather than rooting for them to take someone they inevitably pass on. I think it's going to be a lot less stressful that way lol. I just wanna watch for the entertainment and not the emotional investment.

I will be confused as hell if it's Mac Jones, he's basically just cheap Jimmy g, but it could be what shanny wants

Could be. Mac kinda reminds me of Matt Ryan and Ryan thrived under Shanny so...

Mac reminds me far more of the lower end of that tier, but he can be okay. Chad pennington and Derek Carr. 

Can't drive the ball to save his life. Isn't nearly as pro ready or safe as people want to make him out to be. He's ostensibly suped up Kyle Trask. 

If he's pick #3, Kyle is just afraid of a qb stealing his spotlight

• Like 1

I do think whomever the niners draft is the best or second best qb out of this draft though. Just think they are leaving a whole lot of money on the table by going Jones and it's likely you're talking about replacing him when he's not cheap anymore

Just now, Forge said:

Mac reminds me far more of the lower end of that tier, but he can be okay. Chad pennington and Derek Carr. 

Can't drive the ball to save his life. Isn't nearly as pro ready or safe as people want to make him out to be. He's ostensibly suped up Kyle Trask. 

If he's pick #3, Kyle is just afraid of a qb stealing his spotlight

I was a huge Matt Ryan fan that college season/draft process. My college Facebook profile pic was a pic of Matt Ryan with font that said "The Best QB in the country, f*** Brian Brohm" lol.

Ryan didn't have a huge arm either though. Jones is cerebral but his tools are lacking. If Kyle wants a smart QB to run his system, I get that, but I think I'd shoot the moon with Trey Lance.

• Like 1