Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Jack and other people lol

lol yeah that's the tricky part. Still, he's the guy you know can elevate others so it should be the easiest line to solve.

Also, I haven't been paying much attention but is Yegor a healthy scratch or did we demote him to Utica?

Also, I noticed it earlier...but absolutely hilarious if you watch Subban's shot compared to Dougie's. Subban has seriously no control over where he is putting it, meanwhile I saw Dougie put it perfectly in front of the net from the corner of the blue line. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

lol yeah that's the tricky part. Still, he's the guy you know can elevate others so it should be the easiest line to solve.

Also, I haven't been paying much attention but is Yegor a healthy scratch or did we demote him to Utica?

He's been a healthy scratch two nights in a row. Not sure if he's waiver exempt, so that could be a tricky one but I haven't looked it up

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's been a healthy scratch two nights in a row. Not sure if he's waiver exempt, so that could be a tricky one but I haven't looked it up

Yeah, no he's not exempt AFAIK. He's hit the game limit, I'm 100% sure, and he's an older player so it's a shorter window anyways.

Just now, Forge said:

His hands are way better than I thought. 

Obviously he was always a bit of the tenacious two way guy, but his hands are so much better than I thought when I watched him for the draft. 

I remember STI raved about his hands. I recall the reason why he fell to 18 was the perceived lack of skating. So far, watching this kid, he either put in a **** ton of work since draft day there or every single scout was wrong.

When Wood comes back, I don't know why you don't trade him at this juncture. I like this 4th line that we are throwing out there, plus we have Rango as a 13th forward. I think Wood has one more RFA year left...I'm not sure I'd re-sign him, so move him out for something solid. He's cheap and effective. Can get good value if healthy.