Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

I'm not going to lie...really worried about that 9 million moving forward, but holy hell, subban for a really, really marginal return LOL. 

It is certainly worth the shot. Sucks to give up 34 - I really wanted a chance at one of those guys, but again, it's PK lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Taylor Hall, PK Subban and Kyle Palmieri for Adam Larsson, Jeremy Davies, Steven Santini, three 2nds and a 3rd lmao.

I have some mixed emotions about it...excitement, and dread LOL. The return is ridiculously low, no complaints there, of course. Kind of terrified of that 9 million cap hit over the next three. Also just have to hope that last year was a down year for Subban and that he's not actually trending downward already. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I have some mixed emotions about it...excitement, and dread LOL. The return is ridiculously low, no complaints there, of course. Kind of terrified of that 9 million cap hit over the next three. Also just have to hope that last year was a down year for Subban and that he's not actually trending downward already. 

I'm not worried about it. Even if he regresses, it's not going to hinder our ability to sign our guys or make moves. Greene and Zajac are off the books soon and that covers his last year, should he tank.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm not worried about it. Even if he regresses, it's not going to hinder our ability to sign our guys or make moves. Greene and Zajac are off the books soon and that covers his last year, should he tank.

Yeah, but there's going to be a lot of money coming on to the books. 

Hall's salary will jump up 5 million. With Nico, we are probably looking at paying him at least 8m / season (I'd say slightly over). That's a huge jump. Bratt is going to get a big salary increase (I'd guess 5, unless he balls out this year, which means it may be bigger, but if he sticks around the same, I'd say 4-5 million). 

Just now, Forge said:

Yeah, but there's going to be a lot of money coming on to the books. 

Hall's salary will jump up 5 million. With Nico, we are probably looking at paying him at least 8m / season (I'd say slightly over). That's a huge jump. Bratt is going to get a big salary increase (I'd guess 5, unless he balls out this year, which means it may be bigger, but if he sticks around the same, I'd say 4-5 million). 

Yeah but it's a 2 year window. Subban's off the books by the time we have to extend Hughes, that's all that matters. We can fit Hall, Nico and Bratt's extensions in easily as is. Subban isn't going to hinder us.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah but it's a 2 year window. Subban's off the books by the time we have to extend Hughes, that's all that matters. We can fit Hall, Nico and Bratt's extensions in easily as is. Subban isn't going to hinder us.

For sure. We can definitely afford it...but we are going to be very reliant on our young guys living up to their potential. There will not be money there to add. Of course, not like we are big players in free agency anyway. 

Do you think that we trade Vats now? Our right side is kind of ridiculous right now. Subban / Severson / Vats? lol. Like, that's almost overkill haha. I feel like Vats has no value at the current point in time given his pending free agency. Is it crazy to think that a Severson deal could be incoming though? 

Just now, Forge said:

For sure. We can definitely afford it...but we are going to be very reliant on our young guys living up to their potential. There will not be money there to add. Of course, not like we are big players in free agency anyway. 

Do you think that we trade Vats now? Our right side is kind of ridiculous right now. Subban / Severson / Vats? lol. Like, that's almost overkill haha. I feel like Vats has no value at the current point in time given his pending free agency. Is it crazy to think that a Severson deal could be incoming though? 

We'll just move Vats to the left side. He's played there in Anaheim before. 

Vats-Subban
Smith-Severson
Butcher-UFA/Mueller/Carrick
Greene

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

We traded John Quenneville for John Hayden

Q's time was done. Actually surprised we were able to make something of him at all. Really disappointed that he never got it together, but that's a fine deal for sure. I'll take the slightly older right handed center.