Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Q's time was done. Actually surprised we were able to make something of him at all. Really disappointed that he never got it together, but that's a fine deal for sure. I'll take the slightly older right handed center. 

Hayden's probably our 4th line RW which let's Bastian and Anderson to marinate down in Bingo until they are ready for an every day role. It's a good trade. Hayden brings us some size and grit to that line. Coleman is either 3rd line RW or 4th line C depending on what we do with Zacha (2nd line LW or 3rd line C).

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Hayden's probably our 4th line RW which let's Bastian and Anderson to marinate down in Bingo until they are ready for an every day role. It's a good trade. Hayden brings us some size and grit to that line. Coleman is either 3rd line RW or 4th line C depending on what we do with Zacha (2nd line LW or 3rd line C).

The 4th line make up is going to be really, really interesting if you think about it. We could go full on grit and grind mode (something like Zacha / Bastian / Hayden / etc etc etc), or we could actually try and make it somewhat skillful with like Boqvist (Let's say he's good enough to make the roster, but not good enough to feel comfortable putting in top 6 minutes) / Anderson / Zacha or something like that. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The 4th line make up is going to be really, really interesting if you think about it. We could go full on grit and grind mode (something like Zacha / Bastian / Hayden / etc etc etc), or we could actually try and make it somewhat skillful with like Boqvist (Let's say he's good enough to make the roster, but not good enough to feel comfortable putting in top 6 minutes) / Anderson / Zacha or something like that. 

Yeah, could fluctuate based on matchup too. Hayden is easy scratch material too. He's rosterable but he's not a must play.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Defensive defenseman with 61. I'm a fan. He's a bruiser apparently. Something we desperately need.

Yeah, I don't love it. I think he's definitely a guy that would have been available later. I was kind of expecting us to go upside like you said. Kind of whatever though. We have a ton of picks available in round 3 with some decent talent on the board. I just think that Okhotyuk was probably more like a 4th rounder. 

Just now, Forge said:

Yeah, I don't love it. I think he's definitely a guy that would have been available later. I was kind of expecting us to go upside like you said. Kind of whatever though. We have a ton of picks available in round 3 with some decent talent on the board. I just think that Okhotyuk was probably more like a 4th rounder. 

Not really. He was all over the board. McKenzie/TSN had him at #58, he was #57 by ISS and #46 by hockeyprospect.com.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Not really. He was all over the board. McKenzie/TSN had him at #58, he was #57 by ISS and #46 by hockeyprospect.com.

Just don't see a ton of upside there with him. Kind of reminds me of the Bernard selection last year. But our drafting has been on point under Shero in my opinion, so we will see what shakes out. They obviously have done more looks on the kid then I have. I couldn't even find video or anything, so it's not like Ive actually done research lol. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Just don't see a ton of upside there with him. Kind of reminds me of the Bernard selection last year. But our drafting has been on point under Shero in my opinion, so we will see what shakes out. They obviously have done more looks on the kid then I have. I couldn't even find video or anything, so it's not like Ive actually done research lol. 

Saw Anton Volchenkov as a comparison. I'll take it. Not every Dman needs to be offensive. They just can't be Santini bad.

• Like 1

I'm really excited to see the team we put out there next year. I have to imagine that 9 million from Subban probably puts us out of the running for any real free agent acquisition in the top 6 forward department. 

I'm wondering if that trade down from 55 is us trying to stockpile for the run on an rfa from a cap strapped team for prospects though. You can get a top 6 forward that way if we are so inclined. Or we are really, really high on Boqvist (which could be the case). 

I could see Hall - Nico - Bratt / Boqvist - Hughes - Palms

Just now, beekay414 said:

Saw Anton Volchenkov as a comparison. I'll take it. Not every Dman needs to be offensive. They just can't be Santini bad.

I don't know man, Santini was a pivotal piece in getting PK Subban LOL

• Like 1