Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

26 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Not sure what's worse news...that Blackwood is back or that Lindy thinks this makes any type of sense...

I am intrigued. 

I have a bigger issue if that 4th line gets like 9 minutes. The idea behind that line combo should be another scoring line

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

We just can't quit this clown lol

I'm not surprised. I really think it's a roster construction / waiver thing. They don't want to hurt their depth between the Utica and New Jersey by having Mac get claimed

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not surprised. I really think it's a roster construction / waiver thing. They don't want to hurt their depth between the Utica and New Jersey by having Mac get claimed

Then trade him for a draft pick and AHL goalie depth. Fitzgerald's refusal to make non-rental selling in-season trades is going to be a problem. You can't just build a team in the off-season.

Edited by beekay414

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Then trade him for a draft pick and AHL goalie depth. Fitzgerald's refusal to make non-rental selling in-season trades is going to be a problem. You can't just build a team in the off-season.

I'm sure he'll do something by the deadline, but if there's one thing I've learned about Fitz it's that he's patient to moving at a glacier pace. He waited six months from start to finish on the Marino trade. 

Not sure he'll move blackwood or that will be the move or anything, but I think he'll go something at some point

49 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

This isn't all the surprising given his usage when he does actually play. 

Really sucks that he's trapped in that in between. Too good for the ahl, but NHL ready. 

His last two games have been the best of his season though, imo