Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

How long do we sacrifice depth for on ice play? I get we've been snake bitten, but at some point its time to go for it and go with our best.

They were never going to let a 5 game heater from Schmid take Blackwood's job away and not give him the chance to show what he can do. 

I don't think that Blackwood is any good at this juncture, but they aren't going to make a potentially permanent decision based on such a short sample. I feel like they will give Blackwood a few games once back to see where he stands and if it's still a sub .900 goalie, they'll pull the trigger on taking him out of the lineup for Schmid. But it make take 10 more games or something. 

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Galaxy brain line decisions leads to immediate goal. The Ruff apology chants were very premature. He's still the same turd. 

I'd pin that way more on Marino / Graves than the forward line combo, but I don't know why you are starting with that line? Like, that's definitely a galaxy brain attempt 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Smith is such trash

Honestly, it's gotten to the point where I wonder if Severson is pissed about being saddled with him in a contract year lol 

Severson has some rough moments, but largely isn't a bad defender. If he's your #4, you should be in good shape. Smith makes him look like absolute dog crap. Smith looked even worse that game that they scratched severson lol 

Just now, Forge said:

Honestly, it's gotten to the point where I wonder if Severson is pissed about being saddled with him in a contract year lol 

Severson has some rough moments, but largely isn't a bad defender. If he's your #4, you should be in good shape. Smith makes him look like absolute dog crap. Smith looked even worse that game that they scratched severson lol 

We're almost halfway through the season, Ruff should've seen all he needed to see IRT Smith. Kevin Bahl NEEDS to play his minutes. Smith is nothing more than a 7th man.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

We're almost halfway through the season, Ruff should've seen all he needed to see IRT Smith. Kevin Bahl NEEDS to play his minutes. Smith is nothing more than a 7th man.

Yeah, I don't get the fascination here with Smith. Really, really odd. Even more so given that Bahl has looked pretty damn good in the times that he's out there. I'd get it if Bahl looked like crap. He never does. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I don't get the fascination here with Smith. Really, really odd. Even more so given that Bahl has looked pretty damn good in the times that he's out there. I'd get it if Bahl looked like crap. He never does. 

This is the same coach that played Mason Geertsen 25 times last season...

• Like 1