Quick Mid-April Mock

Sugashane

47 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I actually don’t care much about mid round picks. Tons of people were upset about giving up 3rd and 4th rounders for Trubisky last year, and I wasn’t one of them. I just don’t like giving up 3 picks for 2 picks.

Fair enough, I do have a question then and I'm not being snarky in any way. Just picking your brain (I enjoy seeing everyone's varied opinions/thought processes here). 

How do you feel about trading up like we did for Trubisky and Floyd? We gave more picks than we got, but I think both were good moves. Were you opposed to them? Or if Chubb was sitting at 6 or 7 and the trade offer was reasonable, would you take it?

I just said I loved the Trubisky deal.

I wasn’t thrilled with the Floyd pick, likely because I thought they were trading up for Tunsil.

I would absolutely trade up for Chubb if it was pick 5 or 6. I’m not going to 2 again.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate trading down, but it’s not like these are picks 12 and 13. They’re 12 and 22. 22 is closer to round 2 than #1. I’m not going to deal 3 picks for 2 because “we need stars.” No one has any clue if 12 or 22 will be stars.

56 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Fair enough, I do have a question then and I'm not being snarky in any way. Just picking your brain (I enjoy seeing everyone's varied opinions/thought processes here). 

How do you feel about trading up like we did for Trubisky and Floyd? We gave more picks than we got, but I think both were good moves. Were you opposed to them? Or if Chubb was sitting at 6 or 7 and the trade offer was reasonable, would you take it?

I expect to give up more picks in a trade up, when im trading down i expect to be gaining draft capital.  

14 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I expect to give up more picks in a trade up, when im trading down i expect to be gaining draft capital.  

Yeah, like, if Buffalo wants a QB so bad, why should we not only provide them with that QB but also a 3rd and 4th rounder? It should be 12 and 53 for 8, or something like 12 and 22 for 8 and 115. 

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I'm going for quality over quality here, and feel the capital of two firsts im 2018 beat what we give up, by a mile. 

45 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Yeah, like, if Buffalo wants a QB so bad, why should we not only provide them with that QB but also a 3rd and 4th rounder? It should be 12 and 53 for 8, or something like 12 and 22 for 8 and 115. 

They would also know we are not getting two firsts in this year from anyone else, and they aren't making a big jump. It is just 4 spots. If Mayfield is gone Jackson is right there. We could get a first first year and next from AZ and miss out on both Edmunds and Devenport, MIA has Ryan so they aren't in desperate need of a QB and 7nlikely trade partners IMO. Any trade with NE ensures the firsts are late ones  until Brady retires. 

Of course I'd try to negotiate to give up less, but this is how I feel we can still land Davenport and another potential stud this year, and I don't feel like BUF is desperate enough to manhandle in a deal. 

Archived