Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

On 9/8/2024 at 9:45 AM, vike daddy said:

i don't know if subbing for Love for a few weeks and then hitting the bench qualifies for Tannehill's need package. i don't know what kind of money GB has on hand either, to pay him, as he'll want 25-30 mil a year, right?

0% chance that Tannehill is getting that kind of money from anyone.  If there was a market for him at that rate, he would have been signed by now.

• Like 1

On a third-and-10 today against the Colts, Malik Willis aborted his dropback on what was supposed to be a pass and tucked the ball and ran without trying to find a receiver downfield. Packers coach Matt LaFleur explained after the game that Willis told him it was because he couldn’t get a good grip on the football because center Josh Myers had just vomited on the ball.

LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw the ball on that third down, and he told me Josh threw up on the ball  I was like, that’s the first time I ever heard that. The official came over to me, and said, ‘We saw your center throwing up on the ball, do you want us to take him out next time?’ I said, absolutely, please do that, because you’re talking about a critical situation, and it’s third down, and I’ve never had to throw with vomit on the football. Malik probably didn’t appreciate that.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/packers-center-josh-myers-vomited-on-the-football-before-snapping-it-to-malik-willis

The Packers announced that they have placed rookie running back MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve on Tuesday afternoon. Lloyd hurt his ankle in Sunday’s win over the Colts and he also dealt with hip and hamstring injuries over the summer.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/packers-put-marshawn-lloyd-on-ir-sign-chris-brooks-to-active-roster