Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jetskid007

2018 Mock Draft, Season Projection, 2019 Offseason

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I'll hold my final thoughts on this offseason until Sunday but I think Macc did a solid job in 2017 and this offseason looks like it will be solid. He was a first time GM who seems to be getting better. If he keeps having solid offseasons, we'll be a playoff team soon. Especially if we hit on this QB. If we don't hit on this QB though....

I also like that he made big moves without mortgaging the future.  Kept next years 1st rounder.  Kept a decent amount of money for next year, while still signing some talent.  I really think he has geared us up (if everything works out) for a competitive 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

I'll hold my final thoughts on this offseason until Sunday but I think Macc did a solid job in 2017 and this offseason looks like it will be solid. He was a first time GM who seems to be getting better. If he keeps having solid offseasons, we'll be a playoff team soon. Especially if we hit on this QB. If we don't hit on this QB though....

You can never judge a GM in 3 years unless they make colossal mistakes (see Idzik, John). If this whole QB thing pans out, we may very well be the team to beat in our division as soon as 2019... our cap situation next year will be insane, and we’ll be able to sign vets to heavy 3 year deals knowing the QBs cap hit will remain low through 2021...

Edited by jetskid007

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

You can never judge a GM in 3 years unless they make colossal mistakes (see Idzik, John). If this whole QB thing pans out, we may very well be the team to beat in our division as soon as 2019... our cap situation next year will be insane, and we’ll be able to sign vets to heavy 3 year deals knowing the QBs cap hit will remain low through 2021...

The big thing if this QB we draft is a success with FA next year... is we become a desirable team for FAs (especially offensive FAs). That's been something that's held us back for years, is that we offer a comparable salary for a FA but they don't want to come here bc we don't have a QB. This can change starting next off season hopefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cuss you.  I actually expect to read 2019 off season.  I guess you won't write up anything until after 2018 draft conclusion. That is kind of cheating. lol.

.

 

Back to your draft, it almost reeks of what Maccagnan has done and would do in real life.  Except Demby of Maine.  Maine is out of MM's comfort zone. Bringing him in as a UDFA is an ideal for MM.  Hell, MM did make an expensive trade up for first time ever so we can't rule out anything. lol.    Nice work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Cuss you.  I actually expect to read 2019 off season.  I guess you won't write up anything until after 2018 draft conclusion. That is kind of cheating. lol.

.

 

Back to your draft, it almost reeks of what Maccagnan has done and would do in real life.  Except Demby of Maine.  Maine is out of MM's comfort zone. Bringing him in as a UDFA is an ideal for MM.  Hell, MM did make an expensive trade up for first time ever so we can't rule out anything. lol.    Nice work.

I actually have all of our primary free agents picked out and projecting we go 7-9 and land the 13th pick. I just haven't been able to pretty it up and include descriptions yet. Preview: 

20tf239.png

Edited by jetskid007

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheldon and Nnadi for NT in 2019. umm. nice.  Fowler is, without a doubt, a nice pick up.  Parker's 5th year option is picked up so we need new plan for WR. Tyrell Williams, perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Sheldon and Nnadi for NT in 2019. umm. nice.  Fowler is, without a doubt, a nice pick up.  Parker's 5th year option is picked up so we need new plan for WR. Tyrell Williams, perhaps?

Yeah regarding NT, I don't like to pretend every draft pick will be a smashing success right away. I like Nnadi, but to think he'll be a day 1 starter and stud in the middle? No. More likely a situational player whereas Sheldon becomes a versatile run stuffing defender who replaces McLendon. As far as Parker I didn't realize... I was working on this about a week ago. I'll finalize after the draft but the primary signings will stick regardless who we draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kudos! to Jetskid007 for guessing that MM actually went out of his comfort zone by selecting Foley Fatuksi out of Connecticut. I know CT is much closer to Jets than Maine but Northern part is northern part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×