DRAFT DAY- Round 1 Discussion

1ForTheThumb

Just now, mission27 said:

As much as I trust Bill, we don't know what the deal is 100% with McDaniels.  He could be the coach in waiting in X years and hand picking his QB.

The last time he hand picked a QB that guy was Kyle Orton.  Not sure I can trust him.

He also picked Tebow.  But McD was also the one that was working Garopollo out in college.

1 minute ago, mission27 said:

As much as I trust Bill, we don't know what the deal is 100% with McDaniels.  He could be the coach in waiting in X years and hand picking his QB.

The last time he hand picked a QB that guy was Kyle Orton.  Not sure I can trust him.

I mean there's no way Belichick is the head coach and not in complete control of his draft board.

1 minute ago, dhunt2402 said:

I mean there's no way Belichick is the head coach and not in complete control of his draft board.

Not saying he isn't making the final call but he may be deferring to McDaniels on the QB evaluation, which is questionable.

Not saying he isn't making the final call but he may be deferring to McDaniels on the QB evaluation, which is questionable.

You think Bill defers to anyone who doesn't pay him? Nah.

Hope LA goes Bryan here. Want the LBs to fall.

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

You think Bill defers to anyone who doesn't pay him? Nah.

As if he defers to people who do pay him?

If he's going to defer to someone on evaluating a QB, I'd guess it'd be the guy who he's entrusted with playcalling for the past decade.  And bringing McDaniels under the tent on these decisions was supposedly a big reason he stayed.

It just makes me nervous...

As if he defers to people who do pay him?

If he's going to defer to someone on evaluating a QB, I'd guess it'd be the guy who he's entrusted with playcalling for the past decade.  And bringing McDaniels under the tent on these decisions was supposedly a big reason he stayed.

It just makes me nervous...

We'll see. 

We're on different pages - I like Jackson as a developmental guy, and he seems to be a team player-esque guy, so if he comes in to learn like Jimmy did, it'll be a good pick. 

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

We'll see. 

We're on different pages - I like Jackson as a developmental guy, and he seems to be a team player-esque guy, so if he comes in to learn like Jimmy did, it'll be a good pick. 

Lombardi also seemed to really like Lamar Jackson.  I don't want to take that risk but I don't hate it because he had to of killed it in the interview.

Archived