NFL Draft Day Thread - DTWD

.Buzz

6 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I am ok now guys. Our rotation this year along the D-Line will be filthy.

He is Malik’s eventual replacement?

I think he'll probably be mostly Malik's replacement, but he's athletic enough to rotate in for Calais at times as well.  Gonna have relentless rotation of disruptive players to draw from, keeping everyone fresh.

44 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I am ok now guys. Our rotation this year along the D-Line will be filthy.

He is Malik’s eventual replacement?

he could even be campbells replacement.  hes only getting older and his cap number keeps going up. 

hes 32 in september. he will be due 14.5 million in cap hit.  we also have essentially a dead cap of 3 million if we cut him.   i think its all about how he performs but i could see Bryan replacing him by the start of the 2020 season at the latest unless campbell is still highly productive but at that point we would/should be just resturcting his deal. 

42 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I think he'll probably be mostly Malik's replacement, but he's athletic enough to rotate in for Calais at times as well.  Gonna have relentless rotation of disruptive players to draw from, keeping everyone fresh.

if i was picking id put it on Campbell tbh. Jackson is still in his prime and hes gonna be making 500k less next year. maybe he goes in 2020

They are hoping Marion Hobby's coaching along with playing along side the likes of Campbell, Yannick, Dareus, and Jackson he'll be taught by those guys and they'll unlock all his talent. They better hope they are right and they create baby Watt because if not this will be Alualu all over again with a sprinkle of Derrick Harvey.

1 minute ago, DuvalsKing said:

They are hoping Marion Hobby coaching along playing with the likes of Campbell, Yannick, Dareus, and Jackson he'll be taught by those guys and they'll unlock all his talent. They better hope they are right and they create baby Watt because if not this will be Alualu all over again with a sprinkle of Derrick Harvey.

lets not put unreasonable expectations on him. JJ Watt is like once a generation kinda guy. 

Plus with our history of baby players it dont work. we drafted Baby Boselli in Mike Pearson and that didnt work

They are hoping Marion Hobby coaching along playing with the likes of Campbell, Yannick, Dareus, and Jackson he'll be taught by those guys and they'll unlock all his talent. They better hope they are right and they create baby Watt because if not this will be Alualu all over again with a sprinkle of Derrick Harvey.

Have you watched this kid?

Also, Alualu would have been pretty damn good if that injury wouldn't have happened. The Harvey comparison I don't really understand whatsoever. This guy has a constant motor and is very disruptive. Not like he's a blank canvas that needs loads and loads of work to bring any production.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Have you watched this kid?

Also, Alualu would have been pretty damn good if that injury wouldn't have happened. The Harvey comparison I don't really understand whatsoever. This guy has a constant motor and is very disruptive. Not like he's a blank canvas that needs loads and loads of work to bring any production.

You're thinking too deep the Harvey comparison is only reference to trash defensive players from UF this team takes thats it nothing more.

Just now, DuvalsKing said:

You're thinking to deep the Harvey comparison is only reference to trash defensive players from UF this team takes thats it nothing more.

Yeah...I just don't really like comparing guys at schools in that way, especially when these players you are comparing are VASTLY different, but that's just me.

Either way, this guy was taken at the end of the 1st round and shows out on tape. Has holes/things he needs to work on, but the canvas is there for something pretty good if things go right.

5 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

lets not put unreasonable expectations on him. JJ Watt is like once a generation kinda guy. 

Plus with our history of baby players it dont work. we drafted Baby Boselli in Mike Pearson and that didnt work

Trust me expectations are really low for someone who's amassed the production this kid has in college which is minimum.. the bar is set pretty low for this pick in my eyes.. this is a pick that you'll comeback to and make excuses for in 4 yrs the "well the bottom of the 1st round is a crap shoot".

Just now, DuvalsKing said:

Trust me expectations are really low for someone who's amassed the production this kid has in college which is minimum.. the bar is set pretty low for this pick in my eyes.. this is a pick that you'll comeback to and make excuses for in 4 yrs the "well the bottom of the 1st round is a crap shoot".

Are we really going to grade a college player based on his numbers, especially an interior DL who played 0T, 3T, and 5T?

Come on dude...just watch him play. 

i have faith hobby can develop him and Campbell/Jackson teach him how to be a monster and how to learn the game. hed be smart to stick by them.  yes he might bust but he also has arguebly one of the bigger ceilings in the draft. sure we could have went with a safe route with maybe Hernandez or Goedert or Landry but im okay if they wanna take a Power swing instead of hitting a single and go for a homerun once in a while. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Are we really going to grade a college player based on his numbers, especially an interior DL who played 0T, 3T, and 5T?

Come on dude...just watch him play. 

Lets see Gerald McCoy, Aaron Donald, Suh,.. Cox.. uh yeah I like my production to match my film but maybe i'm the odd man out here.

Lets see Gerald McCoy, Aaron Donald, Suh,.. Cox.. uh yeah I like my production to match my film but maybe i'm the odd man out here.

You are listing guys who were dominant studs who went top 5-10 in each of their drafts. Taven Bryan was the 29th pick of the draft.

There's quite a large difference here. The chances of hitting in the top 5-10 are MUCH higher than at 29. There's a risk with anyone you are taking at that point in the draft. This guy has that risk while bring tremendous upside and traits that aren't things you can coach at least. If he brought his raw skills/traits WITH consistent production like those guys you listed he would have been taken in the range they were. He also didn't become a starter until his junior year because of talent at the positions he played at while attending Florida.

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

You are listing guys who were dominant studs who went top 5-10 in each of their drafts. Taven Bryan was the 29th pick of the draft.

There's quite a large difference here. The chances of hitting in the top 5-10 are MUCH higher than at 29. There's a risk with anyone you are taking at that point in the draft. This guy has that risk while bring tremendous upside and traits that aren't things you can coach at least. If he brought his raw skills/traits WITH consistent production like those guys you listed he would have been taken in the range they were. He also didn't become a starter until his junior year because of talent at the positions he played at while attending Florida.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/fletcher-cox-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/taven-bryan-1.html

10.5 TFL 5.5 Sacks 1 INT 3 FR 1 FF VS 24.5 TFL 7.5 sacks 1FR 1 FF

not much diffrence to me. im not sure if Cox was getting more PT or not compared to Bryan but  the only real difference is TFLs

Just ignore him. he seems pissed we didnt take lamar or Hernandez. 

Archived