Nick's All-NFL Rebuild Mock Draft! - (2017) - Discussion

Nick

Just a heads up, Round 36 we start with 3 players per selection. We will be hitting that point early next week. There's a total of 38 rounds.

Just wanted to also thank everyone for being so active and sticking through this so far. We are killin it. Great job everyone!

2 hours ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Welp. Shady and Gio were the top two RB's on my big board. Was planning on waiting another round to pick one of them. Oh well.

You already have leveon bell and Melvin Gordon... What could you possible want with Shady?! 

18 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

@waffles7 stop trying to steal my DC! He don' want yew! 

My bad man. I apologize if my mind has been elsewhere. With starting the school year, meetings, settling into a new place, purchasing a new dog, and trying to remember to eat & sleep, I've been a little off my game.

1 hour ago, waffles7 said:

My bad man. I apologize if my mind has been elsewhere. With starting the school year, meetings, settling into a new place, purchasing a new dog, and trying to remember to eat & sleep, I've been a little off my game.

I'm just messing around. Luckily this is almost over and you can focus on real life. 

10 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

I'm just messing around. Luckily this is almost over and you can focus on real life. 

I know you were joking amigo. I LOL'ed....however I was truly upset you got him before I did and I didn't even notice. ?

Grizmo's By Round Evaluation:

Round 1:

Best Pick: waffles7 - Khalil Mack, OLB/DE  

- Didn't really know who to put here, everyone is a stud. Mack is a pass rusher and young though so I guess him?

"Worst" Pick: BringinDaPain - Luke Kuechly, MLB 

- Don't get me wrong. I like the player (hard not to in the first round) but MLB is not a position that makes enough of a difference imo. And while he is an amazing player, he hasn't finished either of the past two seasons so there are some concerns over long term health. 

Round 2:

Best Pick: winitall - Tyron Smith, OT 

- Again, round 2, players are still studs. Protecting the QB is priority #1 and Smith is top 3 and still only 26. 

Worst Pick: ny92jefferies - Tom Brady, QB 

- In a format like this, Brady will give you a 2 maybe 3 year window. There are too many talented young players to pick him there imo. Although I guess it would depend on how the rest of the team is built. 

Round 3:

Best Pick: waffles7 - Mike Evans, WR  HM: Antonio Brown

- I didnt realize how thin top end WR's are now a days. Evans is a huge target and again, very young. Will help out any QB. 

Worst Pick: BringinDaPain - Laremy Tunsil, LT 

- I said protecting QB is priority #1 but Tunsil hasn't really played LT too much. Projecting players this early is risky. He can always become a great player but again, too big of a risk this early. 

Round 4:

Best Pick: CaribouLou - Chris Harris, Jr., CB  HM: Rob Gronkowski

Round 4 for a top 3 CB who only recently turned 28? First steal so far imo.

Worst Pick: BringinDaPain - Trai Turner, OG 

Again, good player but way too early for a position that doesn't impact the game as much as others. Better interior lineman out there too 

Round 5:

Best Pick: NickChowaniec - Xavier Rhodes, CB 

Again, young #1 corner. Position is thin, good value. All players this round seemed appropriate imo

Worst Pick: Dont have a worst pick. Great selections this round. 

Round 6:

Best Pick: jonnguy2015 - David Bakhtari, OT 

I was so sad I couldn't get him. He's a young, pass blocking dominate, tackle. This late is steal #2

Worst Pick: ny92jefferies - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB 

He's a good player but 31 and isn't a starter on his own team, playing mostly in the slot. Too early imo

Round 7:

Best Pick: CaribouLou - Taylor Lewan, OT 

Young, upper tier 2 LT. Gotta protect the QB

Worst Pick: ny92jefferies - Devonta Freeman, RB 

Not really any bad picks this round. Only chose this pick because RB's are devalued. But he's a good player

Round 8:

Best Pick: CaribouLou - Ndamukong Suh, DT

He is the most talented player this round. Still a top 3 DT but he is getting up there in age

Worst Pick: CrashMan10 - Jordan Reed, TE

Not because I dont like the guy, he's a huge threat at TE, but he has never finished a season, starting no more than 8 games a season. 

Round 9:

Best Pick: Epochalypse - Damon Harrison, DT

I know he isnt the best pass rusher, but he is DOMINATE against the run. His presence will create lots of 2nd and 3rd and longs for your defense. 

Worst Pick: None. Maybe one of the middle linebackers because of injury concerns? but they're great players and worth a selection here (Kendricks and Shazier)

Round 10:

Best Pick: waffles7 - Jameis Winston, QB

QB position is the most important and Winston, flaws and all, is a top 3 young QB in the game (under 25). 

Worst Pick: CaribouLou - Devon McCourty, S

Just because of age. He's about to be 31. How many more years does he have to play at a high level? imo around 2-3.

Round 11:

Best Pick: CaribouLou -  Josh Norman, CB  HM: AJ Bouye 

Norman is a #1 zone corner. I love AJ Bouye and was hoping to get him as he is still young and great in man2man. 

Worst Pick: BringinDaPain -  Logan Ryan, CB

Much better corners available. At best Ryan is a #2 corner.

Round 12:

Best Pick: Epochalypse - Casey Heyward, CB  HM: TY Hilton

Great corner, biggest question is health as he has not finished a season yet.

Worst Pick: BringinDaPain -  Star Lotulelei, DT  HM: Bradley Roby

Star has been mediocre compared to other DT's in the league. Taking him here was a huge reach. I love Roby but he's currently a #3 corner while current #1 corners are available

Round 13:

Best Pick: winitall -Taylor Decker, OT

He displayed strong pass blocking skills and is very young

Worst Pick: CrashMan10 - Ricky Wagner, OT

He's a good player, but tackles get overrated when they hit FA and he is one of those imo. 

Round 14:

Best Pick: CrashMan10 - Brandon Scherff, OG

I think he was #1 on everyones big board at the time of this selection. Young and a very very good player already. 

Worst Pick: None. Maybe Marcus Cannon d/t age?

Round 15:

Best Pick: waffles7 - Jamie Collins, OLB

Dynamic and Versatile 

Worst Pick: jonnguy2015 -  Jason Garrett, HC   HM: Marcell Dareus

It's not too long ago he was on the hot seat. I don't think he elevates his players and isn't worth being the second HC taken in the draft. Dareus, despite all of his talent appears to have too much off the field baggage imo. Not too bad of a spot for him i suppose though given his talent. 

Round 16:

Best Pick: jonnguy2015 - Mike Daniels, DL

An impact lineman even if stats don't show it

Worst Pick: None

Round 17:

Best Pick: jonnguy2015 - Carlos Dunlap, DE 

Been underrated his whole career. Solid against the pass and run and can get his hands up to bat passes

Worst Pick: CrashMan10 - Jabrill Peppers, S

A man without a position and overrated athleticism

Round 18:

Best Pick: winitall -  Matt Ryan, QB

How did you all let the reigning MVP fall this far??

Round 19:

Best Pick: jonnguy2015 -  Reshad Jones, S

A top 5 SS. Not sure how he fell this far either. I know I overlooked him

Worst Pick: BringinDaPain - Jonathan Cyprien, S

Solid run defender, but not much more

Round 20:

Best Pick: winitall -  Dak Prescott, QB

Last of the top 3 young QB's (under 25). Not sure how he lasted this long either. 

Round 21:

Best Pick: jonnguy2015 - Justin Tucker, K

Best special teamer and is still very young. 

Round 22:

Best Pick: NickChowaniec - Sammy Watkins, WR 

If and its a big if, he can stay healthy, he's a #1 receiver. 

Worst Pick: waffles7 - Martavis Bryant, WR

Not a fan of players with off field issues and have been out of the game for a year.

Round 23:

Best Pick: CaribouLou - Ryan Kerrigan, OLB

Very underrated player and him lasting this long is representative of that

Worst Pick: waffles7 - Vernon Hargraves, CB

QB's completed 70% of their passes his way

Archived