2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

32 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

He went to West Virginia, not Baylor....but your point is valid. Also, straight line speed is great and all but short-area quickness and COD skills are far more important to getting open in the NFL and White really lacks when it comes to the latter. 

And honestly, I don't think he played as fast as he timed. I remembered ppl we're really questioning his speed before the Combine and then he ran aburdly faster than most ppl thought. Kids can manipulate the Combine. If you train hard enough and dillegently enough, you can improve your timed 40 if you focus solely on how to run your 40 and incoperate certain track techniques. I remember Jason Hill running a sub 4.4 when he was prospect and there were major questions about his speed. Never looked that fast when he was on the field though and couldn't separate from a CB to save his life. But it happens all the time...film doesn't lie when come the finding out who can separate and who can't.

Jeff Janis had a better 3 come drill than Julio at the same hieght and weight as him, ran a 4.4 and has had 17 catches in 4 years. Comparisons are useful for ideas on players but at the end of the day Kevin White is Kevin White, Julio Jones is Julio, Jeff Janis is himself and Myles Boykin will be himself too.

Like Forge said, these drills are more for confirmation of what you've seen on film than anything. The truly important parts of the combine aren't available to anyone not inside those 32 organizations it is put on for.

me boy Foster Moreau had quite a day. I don't believe he dropped anything either, though the coverage was often wretched.

No idea if this raises his draft spot, or if teams will appreciate that LSU criminally underutilized him as a receiver in the pass game.

So many decent TEs in this class. I'd say 5th round he goes, but mainly because production wasn't there and would be sheer projection. 

4.11 in shuttle ( best, and tied 8th best since 2006)

11.81 long shuttle ( 4th best )

10 feet, 1 inch bj ( 4th best )

36 1/2 vertical ( tied 3rd best )

4.66 run on the 40 ( 5th best )

33.5" arm length ( tied 6th best )

22 bench reps ( tied 2nd best )

7.16 3 cone ( 7th best )

I'm with you @oldman9er, Moreau may have just out performed where I was hoping we'll take a TE with yesterdays showing which is with one of our 6th rounders. I loved the idea of him as a TE 2 for us with that blocking experience as well. Another guy I like who didn't quite shine as people thought he would yesterday is Nauta from Georgia, watching his tape though I like what he has to offer as a TE 2.

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

me boy Foster Moreau had quite a day. I don't believe he dropped anything either, though the coverage was often wretched.

No idea if this raises his draft spot, or if teams will appreciate that LSU criminally underutilized him as a receiver in the pass game.

So many decent TEs in this class. I'd say 5th round he goes, but mainly because production wasn't there and would be sheer projection. 

4.11 in shuttle ( best, and tied 8th best since 2006)

11.81 long shuttle ( 4th best )

10 feet, 1 inch bj ( 4th best )

36 1/2 vertical ( tied 3rd best )

4.66 run on the 40 ( 5th best )

33.5" arm length ( tied 6th best )

22 bench reps ( tied 2nd best )

7.16 3 cone ( 7th best )

Looks like he could be a better pro than college player with those measurable. It would be awesome to come out of this draft with another legit TE. 

22 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

I'm with you @oldman9er, Moreau may have just out performed where I was hoping we'll take a TE with yesterdays showing which is with one of our 6th rounders. I loved the idea of him as a TE 2 for us with that blocking experience as well. Another guy I like who didn't quite shine as people thought he would yesterday is Nauta from Georgia, watching his tape though I like what he has to offer as a TE 2.

Same. Maybe we will do some trading, and end up with a 5th rounder to get Moreau. Maybe Moreau is one of those shocker picks that goes way earlier than expected, dunno. I like Nauta also, and was both surprised and disappointed with his results. I had these 2 in the very same draft area. Now, man.. I think that has to change. I don't think history is in Nauta's favor. Still wouldn't take issue with him in the latter rds. 

8 minutes ago, sherm said:

Looks like he could be a better pro than college player with those measurable. It would be awesome to come out of this draft with another legit TE. 

This is my thinking, yes. OBJ3 was obviously in a different tier, but he was also undervalued a month+ prior to Draft.. due to LSU's pass offense.. and that was when their pass O was much better. I think Moreau is a terrific complement to Kittle, because he is a good blocker. Soon enough, could even step in some games as a TE1, if Kittle misses a game here or there. 

Q. Williams and a lot of these fatties running respectable times so far. 

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

It's extremely impressive for a man his size with the strength he showed on tape, Donald had 1.63 split I believe they said at 285

Looked, just for curiosity.

Khalil Mack had a 1.64 at the Combine.

Von Miller had 1.62.

Dee Ford had 1.67 at his pro day

yeah, anything in the area of 1.65 is outstanding... and 1.67 at QW's size is just ridiculous

2 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Looked, just for curiosity.

Khalil Mack had a 1.64 at the Combine.

Von Miller had 1.62.

Dee Ford had 1.67 at his pro day

yeah, anything in the area of 1.65 is outstanding... and 1.67 at QW's size is just ridiculous

All this talk of Kyler Murray going at 1 yet QW is making his case, and a scary one when thought about being paired with Chandler Jones, to re think that. If QW ends up going to the Cards at 1 I'll be juiced because we will obviously be getting Bosa but I might bump our need for better depth along the IOL a little higher as I don't trust what we have there right now as it is.

3 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

but I might bump our need for better depth along the IOL a little higher as I don't trust what we have there right now as it is.

I wouldn't hate IOL or even any OL in the mid-later rds, but I likely will prefer ( and of course this is absent of what happens in FA ) ...

BPA at Edge + WR for rds 1 + 2.

Then gimme BPA at LB-OL-DB with the following picks.

Then finish off with BPA on a TE + double dip DB. 

Archived