BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

We should probably do the Winter meetings in here before closing out the thread and opening a new one. Probably should change the title to Winter Meetings and a date like 1/28 and ping everyone to let them know.

What were the topics again?

1. Confirm Owners for 2018 (Compton/Orlando)

2. Post Season Waivers

3. Roster Size (LOL)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

We should probably do the Winter meetings in here before closing out the thread and opening a new one. Probably should change the title to Winter Meetings and a date like 1/28 and ping everyone to let them know.

2. Post Season Waivers

3. Roster Size (LOL)

Cap increase/decrease/penalties

poll closing time (believe this has already kind of been moved to noon)

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

Is cap space a yearly discussion similar to the NFL or is it just discussed when enough people get grumpy and too close to the cap?

Hard to tell because people get grumpy and close to the cap every year

23 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

2. Post Season Waivers

3. Roster Size (LOL)

I think Hockey also brought up something about restructuring playoffs so that the top 2 teams get byes

Just now, Hockey5djh said:

6. Standardize the cap increase/reduce cap grumpiness?

I would vote for a cap increase due to our density of talent vs the NFLs.

Speaking of which I also think there was some discussion to changing the 3-down structure to give teams more but more restrictive options of creating cap. Such as unlimited releases with dead cap space. I think this was mainly due to a lot of bad contracts given out in FA due to the knowledge that they can 3-down the missed shots.

Which reminds me I need to do my 3-downs which will probably all be bad FA contracts...

22 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Is cap space a yearly discussion similar to the NFL or is it just discussed when enough people get grumpy and too close to the cap?

It's only an issue when someone runs out and wants to make it an issue.

12 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Such as unlimited releases with dead cap space.

That was a Footy idea. No one here wants to keep track of dead money for years and years at a time. 

I think being able to drop 3 players, only one of which with a long term deal is pretty restrictive. But if that has to get brought up again, put it on the docket.