BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

4 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

Camden with the Highway Robbery. 

How? A 2nd rounder for a guy who makes Rome an instant Bizz Bowl contender and gives him the first crack at re-upping him next year if he chooses.

5 minutes ago, Jlash said:

How? A 2nd rounder for a guy who makes Rome an instant Bizz Bowl contender and gives him the first crack at re-upping him next year if he chooses.

Short term value is excellent at least for this season, Brees instantly makes Rome a contender. After this season though, Brees is more than likely going to retire or leave NOLA. Plus Brees is 38 going on 39 and QBs often decline past that so it's basically throwing a 2nd away for a 1-2 year shot at the BizzBowl. 

Then again I traded Tom Brady for a 5th so what do I know. God that was stupid.

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

This is 1000% speculation, and he's been incredibly durable during his career.

Still there's a very real chance Brees doesn't play like a top 5 QB next season or doesn't play at all. Durable or not every QB declines at some point. 

But I could be totally wrong and he signs a new 2 year deal with the saints and shows no signs of decline.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

Short term value is excellent at least for this season, Brees instantly makes Rome a contender. After this season though, Brees is more than likely going to retire or leave NOLA. Plus Brees is 38 going on 39 and QBs often decline past that so it's basically throwing a 2nd away for a 1-2 year shot at the BizzBowl. 

Then again I traded Tom Brady for a 5th so what do I know. God that was stupid.

o.O

• Like 1

Just now, WFLukic said:

How whack would BDL get if people could actually eat cap (like the Browns did with Osweiler or Saints with AP)? As in you retain dead cap for the player. 

Footy has been trying to get us to be able to eat dead cap for like 2 years now.