2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

11 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

That's good news.  Was really waiting for him to come forward with a statement like that before i could take him seriously as an NFL QB prospect.  I still think it's a huge minefield of risk, but even if our staff isn't into him...it can't hurt to have that extra piece on the board.

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Kyler's numbers there are kinda surprising...and not very flattering.  Low under pressure % is a bit of a red flag considering the sort of game he plays, and would pretty much have to play in the NFL to find any success.  Would not have figured him for a low% guy under pressure, based on his ability to throw some absolute bombs after being moved out the pocket.  But i guess that's probably also a reflection of how much easier it is to disrupt the throwing lanes of a 5'9" QB with pressure he can't really throw over top of.

He has a good arm, but he does seem to need some room to really step through things to get it out with any velocity.  Doesn't have that easy flick under pressure like Haskins.  Kinda where i really worry what consistent NFL caliber interior pressure could do to Kyler's ability to function in the pocket consistently.

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah...wonder what would happen with Rosen?

I'm still a fan.

Would have to imagine Rosen gets shopped if they're serious about Kyler.

Tricky thing to pull off though, since nobody is going to be coughing up the big draft day prizes trading for a QB on the spot like that.  So you'd have to start shopping Rosen around, finding what sort of value is out there for him well ahead of time.  Which could utterly explode in your face if you somehow end up not getting Murray on draft day.  Though with the 1st pick, they're obviously in the driver's seat.  Can't sorta fish in both ponds i don't think.

I'd certainly still be kinda interested in Rosen if they do put him out there though.  Pretty abysmal rookie year, but not a good situation and a rough rookie season is hardly an absolute guarantee of busting.

Edited by Tugboat

theres 3 guys i want offensively if we cant have Haskins or Murray. 

TE TJ Hockenson<--future Star TE.  

G/T Cody Ford<--potential Star RG. could be a very good RT but at worse its a star RG. i dont think the colts regret picking Nelson that high and he was considered a pure guard. 

WR DK Metcalf<--looks to me like hes got the biggest upside at wr in this class and hes got great measurables but is a bit raw and might take a year or 2 to develop and already is a bit injury-plauged. 

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Jeffery simmons DT Mississippi State reportedly has torn his ACL in training so now theres talks he could go round 2.  him in round 2 would be a good value pick as hes a very player and would be a great replacement for dareus after this season

It'll be interesting to see what happens to his draft stock.  Now that we're not talking about only the serious domestic violence stuff that got him axed from the combine.  We're also talking about him missing the chance to show off his athletic ability at pro day/private workouts to help his stock, and effectively talking about a "redshirt" year in the NFL.

He's pretty much a DND for me either way, but other people certainly have a more forgiving attitude toward completely scummy behavior.  That's a lot of stuff piling up against him now though.

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

theres 3 guys i want offensively if we cant have Haskins or Murray. 

TE TJ Hockenson<--future Star TE.  

G/T Cody Ford<--potential Star RG. could be a very good RT but at worse its a star RG. i dont think the colts regret picking Nelson that high and he was considered a pure guard. 

WR DK Metcalf<--looks to me like hes got the biggest upside at wr in this class and hes got great measurables but is a bit raw and might take a year or 2 to develop and already is a bit injury-plauged. 

You see the picture of DK Metcalf in his pre-combine training?  He looks friggen' huge.  I'm not even sure it's actually a good thing, but it's uh...something.  xD

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Jeffery simmons DT Mississippi State reportedly has torn his ACL in training so now theres talks he could go round 2.  him in round 2 would be a good value pick as hes a very player and would be a great replacement for dareus after this season

Has too many red flag and now would have to sit out a yr. The team with the talent pool the Jags have can’t afford to take players for the next regime to benefit off of they have to get day 1 contributers in here NOW!

Edited by DuvalsKing
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

if the cards were to pick murray the belief is they would shop rosen for a round 1 pick. 

They may ask for it but that doesn't mean they're getting it. Rosen had a rough year and the shine has rubbed off. He wasn't even a top 7 pick last year.