2019 NFL draft where the jags pick at 32;) (Update: pick at 7)

9 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

idk or care who this random guy "source" is...

Unless it's something really gnarly, i'd take a rookie contract worth of Jawaan Taylor at our 2nd.  If that's it, so be it.  If he can't play though...nope.

My real question is, what's going on with Risner sliding?  The guy doesn't have medical concerns that i've heard of.  He's a tenacious, multi-position player from a power conference.  Outstanding track record.  Yet teams are out here grabbing McGary over him?  Who seems like...the poor man's version of Risner?  I said before the draft, i'd take Risner over Taylor.  That still rings true.  But we're looking down the barrel of some potentially really good OL picks...same way we were with Cam.

Not sure if people feel the same about Risner as you. I'm a fan, but I expected him to be around here. Maybe late 1st, but not surprised in the least.

If we take Taylor, we're comfortable with the medicals. Some really solid guys left, not taking that chance if he's not.

16 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Not sure if people feel the same about Risner as you. I'm a fan, but I expected him to be around here. Maybe late 1st, but not surprised in the least.

If we take Taylor, we're comfortable with the medicals. Some really solid guys left, not taking that chance if he's not.

I don't doubt a lot of people think differently on Risner.  Whats not to like with Risner though?  That's what i don't get.  What's the big "fatal flaw"?  Guy looks like a long-term potential Pro Bowl caliber RT to me.

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

I don't doubt a lot of people think differently on Risner.  Whats not to like with Risner though?  That's what i don't get.  What's the big "fatal flaw"?  Guy looks like a long-term potential Pro Bowl caliber RT to me.

See, seems like a lot of people think his best fit is inside. I like him at RT myself, but seems like a lot are in the OG camp.

6 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

In this particular draft, i do think that's kinda dangerous.  Deep but not stellar at the the top.

Aside from our action, which was phenomenal.

Texans: Tytus Howard

Titans: Jeffery Simmons (not expected to play 19)

Colts: Trade out of 1st 3-2nd rounders 

Jags: Josh Allen

I think the Jags faired well winning the first round

13 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

See, seems like a lot of people think his best fit is inside. I like him at RT myself, but seems like a lot are in the OG camp.

I don't really get the inside thing.  He's robust as a pass protector at RT and he's a mean mofo as a run blocker out there.  What's really lacking there?

Even if KStates offense is kinda weird...he demonstrated his ability in spades at the SrBowl i thought.  It's just weird that the league is questioning him so much...unless...as the league has done many times before, they just don't value good RTs like they should.

31 minutes ago, skaterbirdhouse said:

Yes, dude has a seems to have a great attitude. Seems genuinely excited to be heading to Jacksonville as well.

He loves this defense.

He and Ramsey have hit it off already. You saw his talk with Campbell (he even talked about CC's off field work), and said him and Yan are going to get after it.

Well aware what he's coming into.

Edited by .Buzz